Finally......

Freshfunkmeister
Freshfunkmeister Posts: 79
edited December 2010 in Commuting general
...managed to scalp a moped today on the way in to work this morning on the CS7. He was at some red traffic lights that changed a few secs before I got there so I got past him whilst he was accelarating. He briefly got past me before I got back up to speed again and managed to keep my nose in front all the way to the next set of traffic lights. I don't care that the moped was about 15 years old, it had an engine and I still beat him !! Ha ha !! :D:D:D
FCN 5 - Fuji Roubaix 2
FCN 11 - Giant Trance X3

Comments

• Skills :)
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    SCALP! :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I once overtook a scooter on a ~1 mile stretch of dual carriageway - must have been going about 45mph.

I was behind a van/truck. :P
  • ben110
    ben110 Posts: 54
    lol cars are good fun too on the down hills they dont like it much tho.......
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I got a great tow off a moped a few years back - for a couple of miles. Fastest draft I saw was the guy from thr LBS drafting a bus on the dual carriage way. He was doing almost 50 - on the flat.
  • I held a Zundapp's wheel for 10k, old man riding it was slowing down on the inclines to keep me there. (along e125 in Portugal)
    Unfortunately, he was carrying fresh sardines in a plastic bread box which were dripping. The mix of two-stroke oil and fish was err, interesting :?
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    When I was about 8 I scalped an invalid carriage (for those who remember them - the Paraffin powered pale blue things built by AC cars) uphill (Single Speed) and kept it behind until I got to my mates house!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    cougie wrote:
    I got a great tow off a moped a few years back - for a couple of miles. Fastest draft I saw was the guy from thr LBS drafting a bus on the dual carriage way. He was doing almost 50 - on the flat.

Bus drafting is my new favourite past time on my way home. :wink:
  • Once was mobbed by a group of chavs. One was revving a clapped out unlicensed scooter. They obviously challenged me to a race. I was on a decent campag equipped road bike and still had my tri bars fitted. We raced on a 1.5 mile loop, he had no chance. I sat in on his back wheel for the first mile topping out at 22mph. For the last half mile I sprinted past him and laughed at his mates as I crossed the finish line first.

The tings you have to do to earn some respect!