OT: Epic fail.....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
We have had ongoing boiler issues at home. british Gas spent almost 2 months at my house at the beginning of the year finding trying to fix out boiler, when the problem turned out to be a leaking pipe - said leak was fixed after about 2 or 3 months of visits. Then in May, the hot water became luke warm, British Gas took 4 attempts to fix the issue.

Anyway, we have luke warm water again. British Gas come back out and want to change several bolier parts out. Fine we say. The engineer turns up the next day and decides not to change the parts, but tells us to get our shower thermostat fixed.

So, being a handy and efficient DIY idiot, I decide to do it myself. I watch the training video on www.bathstore.com (the mixer they use is a little different to ours, but close enough).

I go home with a spring in my stride, get my tools from the shed and start to strip down the shower mixer.

Anyway, after the flood had subsided from the bathroom, through the floor into the kitchen. I actually managed to fix the thermostat.

Happy with my work, I then neede to put my tools away - the shed locks were frozen solid, so I found my zippo lighter to go and heat up the locks. Unfortunately, it needed more fuel. I re-filled it and got fuel on my hands. Then I stupidly lit the lighter and set fire to my hands.

So, I one night:

Bathroom and kitchen flooded and I set myself on fire.....

Shower is fixed though....

Anyone else managed a fail of this magnitude?

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Is the boiler OK.......... ?

OMG............ :shock:
  • discurio
    discurio Posts: 118
    after a minor car accident in a car that cost me nothing i had a stuffed bootlid that wouldnt lock. i had cable tied the boot closed for a bit because i wasnt spending $800 on a new one but the cable broke. Being the clever chap that i am i got some fencing wire and decided to go for the more permanent approach.

Hopped into the boot and wired it up so tight no bugger was ever going to get this undone. wiggled myself around so i was facing the other direction to crawl out through the split seats and realised i hadnt unlocked the rear seat so i had effectivle wired myself shut in the boot of my own car. :oops:
    i spent twenty minutes yelling myself hoarse in the 30+ degrees sweating like crazy trying to get my flatmate to come let me out.
    eventually i gave up and kicked my way through the rear seats. :x

lesson learned there thats for sure. take wire cutters next time.
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    This guy -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11942814

Firebomb - fail.

Nearly getting set on fire by mates firebomb that does work - fail.

Running away - epic fail.

Getting caught and jailed for 8 years - fail.

LMAO
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.