OT cheap eats in Fitzrovia recommendations

ketsbaia
ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
If it's not an oxymoron, I'm after somewhere cheap and good in Fitzrovia/Goodge Street area.

Any recommendations?

If I manage to make the xmas Morpeth session (not totally unlikely), I'll buy you a pint.

Cheers

Comments

• there are wagamummas all around that area
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    Think there's a Samuel Smith pub there.
    Cheap beer and cheap food.....I think, I can't remember much about that evening!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Sam Smith's pub is the Fitzroy Tavern on Charlotte St. Not sure if the food would qualify as 'good', but it's definitely cheap.

You'll struggle to find cheap restaurant food round there, although I can recommend the Curry Leaf, also on Charlotte St, for decent, reasonably priced Indian.
  • I used to work on Winsley St so know the area very well. There is a great,reasonably priced italian called Sergios on Great Titchfield St. Very friendly and chilled out.Highly recommend it..
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    There are some ok Dim Sum places, and Thai Metro isn't too bad either.

Failing that - and surprised it hasn't been mentioned before, my old Uni saviour - ICCOs Pizza!

Corner of Goodge and Charlotte!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • was not sure if ICCOs is still there.....not been up there for a while....
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I seem to remember going to an non-advertised Chinese place under Goodge St tube station....The door to it is unmarked and in the tube building......It was fabulous and really cheap! Took a lady there!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    ICCO is very definitely still there.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Cheers, all. Went to the Scandinavian Kitchen. Not bad and reasonably priced.