on one versa/pro

bobinski
bobinski Posts: 570
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone riding one of these? Torn between the Day one Alfine and the either of the Versa's. Difficult to see the advantage in paying £200 more for the pro versa.
Not going to wait for the Alfine 11 hub. this weather is playing havic with my slpro so need to make a decision soon.
cheers
bobinski

Comments

• Day One's a fine bike, but I love OnOne's... Charge Mixer is galvanised steel, always a good idea!
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • have you considered the Cotic X. very versatile bike there fella based on CX bike but with guard capability and also steel. looks great. fancying one myself!
    Cannondale BadBoy Rohloff
    Cannondale SuperSix / 11sp Chorus
    Ridley Excalibur / 10sp Centaur
    Steel Marin Bear Valley SE
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • I've got a few on-ones....

I've got a pompino, it is a brilliantly riding bike. Everyone who tries it says it rides brilliantly (roadies, mtbers randoms) I can only imagine the versa is the same. I've had 32mm cx tyres in there just and it take m-guards well.

Go for the regular versa with an upgraded chain, the pro really doesn't seem to be worth it.
  • good advice that.

i want to run 700/35 studded winter tyres so would still prefer the cotic

i'd love a pompino. It's on my 2011 to build list.
    Cannondale BadBoy Rohloff
    Cannondale SuperSix / 11sp Chorus
    Ridley Excalibur / 10sp Centaur
    Steel Marin Bear Valley SE
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • You really want a mtb for studded tyres...

I've got a set on my steel 456 with the lefty, it's great for ripping around town. Last year I ran the pompino with cx tyres in the snow and it was okay, but no-where near as much fun as the mtb! You want something that'll drift predictably!
  • bobinski
    have you considered the Cotic X. very versatile bike there fella based on CX bike but with guard capability and also steel. looks great. fancying one myself!

I have and looks great but not a fan of dark coloured bikes...
  • bobinski
    I've got a few on-ones....

I've got a pompino, it is a brilliantly riding bike. Everyone who tries it says it rides brilliantly (roadies, mtbers randoms) I can only imagine the versa is the same. I've had 32mm cx tyres in there just and it take m-guards well.

Go for the regular versa with an upgraded chain, the pro really doesn't seem to be worth it.

Why an upgraded chain?