Good work Specialized!!!

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Long story short! I was due to sell my S-Works (as seen in the link below), when I noticed a rattle inside the frame.

So thinking the data tag I had fitted when I bought it had come lose I asked my LBS check it out. But it turns out that it's coming from one of the rear stays which is sealed, so absolutely nothing could have got in to cause the noise.

After a call to Specialized the frame was then sent to their HQ in Epsom and now I'm told that a 2010/11 S-Works carbon HT frame will be on its way to me when they’re available.

So true to their work they really do come with a very robust warranty!

Thank you very much Specialized!

Comments

• WOW. does SORT OF make up for the fact that their lower end (ie hardrock) bikes are becoming much less value for money than they used to be.
    Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS
  • That's pretty impressive customer service.

Its good to hear that some companies are still good with this kind of thing.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I did the same a few months back.

Had a cable rub issue and rear shock failed on my 09 Stumpy Carbon Expert.

They replaced it with a 2010 Pro Carbon frame - only available in the USA.

Excellent service.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Girlfriend bought a specialized crosstrail and the front wheel wasn't central due to the forks. LBS had a look, contacted specialized and they sent out some upgraded forks and an apology. Good service I say.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Friend of mine had a Rockhopper from 08. The paint had slightly bubbled in two places. Really small and cosmetic, but annoying. Out of warranty, but still replaced with a 2011 frame FOC by Specialized, including sending a headset and seat clamp as the frame was different spec than the 08 model. What a great company!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.