bianchi

sirjohndillinger70
sirjohndillinger70 Posts: 13
edited December 2010 in Workshop
Hi...
At the moment I ride a 2010 "Bianchi Via Nirone 7" with campag 10-speed Xenon gears.
Since I never really use the drops; for comfort I was thinking of fitting some straight bars with bar ends. What I was wondering,does anybody know of any mountainbike-style trigger levers that would work with the campy 10-speed??
If anybody out there is silly enough to have the same idea,I'd love to see some photos!!
Make mine an Italian...with Campagnolo on the side!!

Comments

• Veloce 10spd flat bar levers
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I hardly use the drops, but still find road bars / levers give a wider variety of comfortable hand positions than the flat bars / bar ends I have on the slicked up mtb
  • I have one bike that I converted to 'bull horn' bars (google it).
    Just turn the bars over, saw the ends off and remount the levers, retape.

If you are unsure and want to try it first, look for some cheap bars to practice on.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Why not adjust the bars/ stem/ hoods to get comfortable using the existing set-up? Many people convert to flats in the false assumption that they are more comfortable, but the limited hand holds means that shoulders and wrists become fatigued more quickly - there is a reason why most road bikes come with drop bars, even though most people spend 90% of the time in one hand position. You could easily spend £200 plus on a conversion to find you're still not comfortable - a £50 bike fit at a decent LBS will proably pay greater dividends.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..