Really unhappy with Whytes 146 delivery times

thisuldo
thisuldo Posts: 23
edited December 2010 in MTB general
I ordered 2 bikes in August and Was informed to expect an October delivery. This date was kicked about in the press too. Subsequently sold both my e120's in expectation, then the date just kept going back and back. Now told January!

Looking at another thread I seem not to be the only one. LBS is as frustrated as me (as they want my cash) and can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone...

I'm sure Whyte checks out these forums, so come on guys you're delivering a poor service, sort yourselves out, explain what's the problem and give some solid dates. Or better still get these bike in the stores for Christmas.

Comments

• Same story here mate!
    Ordered late Oct old delivery early Dec now told 1st week Jan 11.
    I can live with it I guess just hoping delivery wont be delayed again.
  • matt23
    matt23 Posts: 15
    I rang ATB Sales yesterday regarding my 146 all she could say was that the first shipment of bikes coming to the UK was Jan 18th - she couldn't tell me how many and that they would go to the people who orderred first.

Annoyingly bad and poor service from Whyte - who should be providing updates to LBS's or customers without us having to chase them - without us there wouldbe no 146 or 120 bikes!! :(
    Live to ride........ride to live people!!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well as I see it you have two choices, like it (hold on) or lump it (vote with your feet) by cancelling your order, no point whinging on and still waiting as they will know they can get away with it next time as well, it's cancelled orders that teaches them a lesson!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • matt23
    matt23 Posts: 15
    Beginner- this is true but like a two year in a toy shop banging their hands n feet on the ground - I WANT IT!!

IT is poor on Whyte's behalf that it wasn't better planned but at the same time I don't want my bike to be rushed and then suffer a fault when I take delivery so I will be patient for now but if it is not here by January then I will be cancelling the order....simples!!

Then I have to look @ something boring like an intense, giant or laiperre :D
    Live to ride........ride to live people!!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    or you do what ive done and order an ibis instead :wink:
  • lawman wrote:

I'm really considering doing just that....

Found out today the smalls are further delayed and my medium is not coming till Feb 17th! 5 months delay on a product that's revamped or replaced each year is not good. I've had 6 Whytes all around the £3k mark and they haven't been what you would call trouble free. At this moment in time the Whyte brand is proving to be consistently poor. One more delay and Whyte can sh0v€ their bikes and if I walk away I do so for good!

Sort your act out Whyte
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    You must have the patience of a saint, 6 x £3000 bikes that you're not happy with!
  • thisuldo wrote:
    lawman wrote:

I'm really considering doing just that....

Found out today the smalls are further delayed and my medium is not coming till Feb 17th! 5 months delay on a product that's revamped or replaced each year is not good. I've had 6 Whytes all around the £3k mark and they haven't been what you would call trouble free. At this moment in time the Whyte brand is proving to be consistently poor. One more delay and Whyte can sh0v€ their bikes and if I walk away I do so for good!

Sort your act out Whyte

So you have had 6 bikes from the same manufacturer that have given you problems, and you keep buying from them? That's plain retarded.

Or are you complaining about the bikes being delayed, or the cables needed chaning after a little while, or your bearings were shot after x amount of miles.
  • dodgy wrote:
    You must have the patience of a saint, 6 x £3000 bikes that you're not happy with!

Showed your "you must have the patience of a saint" comment to the wife.... she's still laughing :D:D

I'm not saying the bikes I've had have been bad or i've been unhappy with them, it just they seem to need a lot of TLC and Whyte's quality control and service hasn't been brilliant. That said Whyte always get there (with some cajoling) and when the bikes are on song they are superb. However whyte do seem to be stretching the cost benefit equation at the mo...