Cycle specific insurance

Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith Posts: 336
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi guys, coming up to my contents insurance renewal and managed to get a pretty good quote through Barclays but they have a £1500 cap on push bikes which means my Wilier is not insured in full.

Do any of you have insurance taken out separately for your bike(s)?

Feel free to suggest any other cycle friendly contents insurers you have come across as well.
"Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I have M&S, £33 pcm for premium cover (and no interest for paying by installments) including any number of bikes to £4000 each, including accident damage, anywhere in the world. Many reports on here of good claims experience. No need to specify bikes, no conditions regarding storage or locks.
  • alfablue wrote:
    I have M&S, £33 pcm for premium cover (and no interest for paying by installments) including any number of bikes to £4000 each, including accident damage, anywhere in the world. Many reports on here of good claims experience. No need to specify bikes, no conditions regarding storage or locks.

^what he said
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Hiscox will insure bikes up to £5k...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Hiscox will insure bikes up to £5k...

What do you do for the rest? :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I have contents with CIS, who insure up to £1000 for a bike. The two valued over that I take out an additional items policy, which costs me just less than £100 per year for a £4k plus bike and a £1.5k bike.

The other two bikes can be replaced for about £1k each under the existing policy.