@ Clever Pun...

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
You're in Cycling Weekly - page 14. So am I!

Not sure which tagline is most innaccurate: "Swift: miles faster" (with CP pushing him to the limit with the second quickest time of the day) or "Downing makes it look easy" as he fails to reel me in - it obviously wasn't that easy! :lol:

Comments

• Easy? He lost 2 out of 4, and looked fit to burst a blood vessel by the end!
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    One for the scrapbook chaps. Well done!

That's your second appearance isn't it MH (RP TT was the other one I think)? You'll be needing an agent soon.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bigmat
    rjsterry wrote:
    One for the scrapbook chaps. Well done!

That's your second appearance isn't it MH (RP TT was the other one I think)? You'll be needing an agent soon.

2nd mention, 1st picture - they'll have to start paying image rights now!*

*well they would if I hadn't signed that disclaimer...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I had my email and a photo of my musette on the letters page of CW a few months ago. Closest I'll ever get to appearing in CW on any actual cycling merit.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Where is CP?

MIA?

Out racking up secret miles?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bigmat
    itboffin wrote:
    Where is CP?

MIA?

Out racking up secret miles?

Crying into his beer over the fact he missed out on winning a bike by under a second? (I was 1.4 seconds off the Dogma - must not think about it, must stop thinking about what might have been - doh! :( )
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'll have to pick that up even though it depicts me being slow :x
    Thanks for the spot and thanks to JG for the twitter heads up, just wish I'd been paired against Downing.. oh well

I went to All Tomorrow Parties to pummel my liver and ears with Godspeed You! Black Emperors choices of bands.

Back on the bike today and a gig tonight... the gym can feck right off though
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14