where to getb some rivet on cable stops?

Mark Elvin
Mark Elvin Posts: 997
edited December 2010 in Workshop
I'm trying to locate some rivet on cable stops, but can't find any. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?
2012 Cannondale Synapse

Comments

• John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    I doubt that you will find any. I assume you want them for rear brake cables. This presents 2 problems. Drilling the frame where not designed for will weaken it and riveted stops are not going to be very strong against brake pull forces. Just run a full length outer cable.
    Also is the bridge drilled for a brake? You may get away with drilling this but it needs to be done right.
    I think you may have jumped in a bit too quickly with this frame.
  • John.T wrote:
    I think you may have jumped in a bit too quickly with this frame.

Thanks dad :D

IF I decide to go with a rear brake (and I'm not sure I will a sthe hole idea is to get "back to basics") I have no probs with drilling the frame, I do stress calculations on a daily basis at work, so I can cope with deciding where to drill, I'm also a tim eserved Aerospace/F1 engineer so can cope with drilling the rear bridge, should I decide to go that way.

*edit*

Just re-read my post & realise it sounds a little arsey, it's not ment to.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Unless you ride fixed wheel the bike will be illegal without a back brake. I ride fixed regularly but still have a back brake. Not used much but it gives extra safety should I need it and a LH brake hood to hang on to.
    I have no idea of your engineering expertise so assumed not much. Safer that way. But from your many posts you do not have much bike building experience. Reading them all my guess was that you were not sure of what you wanted from the bike and what it's characteristics were. As I said on another thread the frame appears to be a pure track one but without seeing the geometry chart I can not be sure. If I am right you will have a bike that will have quick handling and good pedal response but little room for tyres bigger than 23mm. It may be a bit harsh on poor road surfaces. Does not mean you can not enjoy it though.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Try contacting some frame builders for the rivet stops. A good list here. http://www.framebuilding.com/custom_uk_ ... ilders.htm
  • Make your own from some aluminium and a file. You will have a bit if you on your bike. Beautiful.
  • Make your own from some aluminium and a file. You will have a bit if you on your bike. Beautiful.

I have a friend who runs a laser sintering company that can sinter aluminium, have thought about getting him to do some from a CAD model.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • edjo
    edjo Posts: 50
    http://www.ceeway.com/index.html

for all your frame building bits!