Ride Buddy in Medway area? in Kent

richvass
richvass Posts: 68
edited March 2011 in MTB rides
Hi,

Is there anyone out there who rides in the Medway area?

Does anyone want to meet up at the weekend for some off road rides?

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Hi Richvass,

IMHO, your 1st call should be www.sketchymtb.co.uk
    Loads of peeps, of all abilities, there from Kent. We have multiple rides every week in the area.

Remember: There are other groups in the area... But they ain't SketchyMTB ;-)
  • Hi impished

Thanks for that

I've had a quick look and there is plenty of like minded people in the Medway area.

Many thanks again

Richard
  • Is there no-one interested in meeting up in the Medway area for the odd ride off road?
  • Is there no-one interested in meeting up in the Medway area for the odd ride off road?
  • Weds
    Weds Posts: 9
    We were riding around there today, check out

www.mccoffroad.co.uk
  • Hi Weds, Thanks for reply. I've looked at the web site and previously contacted the club. I do want to join in for a few rides first. I would be very interested to knowing how long the rides are for? I'll keep my eye on the ride calendar for January and join up with a local ride. Is that okay? Where did you ride today?
  • Weds
    Weds Posts: 9
    I think I've already been in contact with you through the club.

Yes, feel free to come along. Rides are around 20 to 25 miles, depends on the weather etc. Less in the winter, especially with the snow and more in the summer..

Next weeks ride at Plaxtol is a cracker :-)
  • Thanks Weds, All being well and nothing is double booked I may see you there? Otherwise it'll be January. :D
  • Bit slow but getting my act together - new bike with suspension and all.

Am up for a ride, am based in Rochester. Sundays are good.
  • Hi, I ride with a Medway / Maidstone based group called the Cyclepathix. We meet every Sunday (without fail) 0900hrs at the carpark by the bridge in Aylesford. There are also some of us out most evenings in the week and Saturdays aswell! There is always someone out.

Most of the arrangements are made through the Facebook page (Cyclepathix group page). We are a friendly bunch with riders off all abilities, normally doing 20-25 miles a ride depending on what direction we head off in. No-one gets left behind! There are no membership fees or anything like that, all we ask for is effort and ability to have a laugh!

Message me at Deetec@hotmail.co.uk if you have any questions or want to hook up for a ride!
  • antrix44
    antrix44 Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm also up for a ride at weekends

I'm based in Medway and normally do about 20 miles over a couple of hours or so, still lots of room for improvement!