Sundorne Circuit 2011

3Pears
3Pears Posts: 174
edited March 2011 in Amateur race
Anyone know the dates of the early season crits 2011 at the Sundorne circuit :?:

Paramount usually organise but no dates on the BC calendar as yet :)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Usually the first 3 Saturdays in March...
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Nothing on BC calendar yet and I haven't heard anyone mention any dates. If Paramount are organising any then they will be listed there once confirmed.

Wolverhampton Wheelers have posted some dates for 2011 here, including their usual events at Sundorne.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Thanks both, this weather has me planning 2011 earlier than normal :oops:
  • It's still december FFS
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    3Pears wrote:
    Anyone know the dates of the early season crits 2011 at the Sundorne circuit :?:
    :idea: Just remembered this discussion.

It's the next three Saturdays - 12, 19 and 26 March.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Anybody from here planning to race Saturday?
  • Surfr
    Surfr Posts: 243
    Yup I'll be there in the 3/4 with a few club mates in both races.
  • MikeWW
    Surfr wrote:
    Yup I'll be there in the 3/4 with a few club mates in both races.

Cool-which club?

I'll be there in blue/white Lichfield/Zipvit gear, probably with some other club mates and my son(mentalalex) will there in the same race in fluorescent green Maxgear/Champ Systems kit(you won't miss him!!!!)
  • Surfr
    Ystwyth CC.

Very unflattering photo of me at Tywyn crits last season to demonstrate club kit.

5309286291_dc648fb1d6.jpg
    Tywyn Crits 2010 by Surfrdan, on Flickr

I'm just trying to work out if I'll be warm enough in a skinsuit
  • MikeWW
    184698_10150114991424419_588304418_6314656_2212654_n.jpg

See you Saturday
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Knee warmers when those surrounding you are in shorts is pretty lame Mike :twisted:

Gave my club kit its maiden outing today-best kit I've worn :D Cant see the white shorts staying that way for too long though :cry:
  • MikeWW
    :D
    Wondered when you would appear Tom :lol:
    Got to keep knees warm at my age
    The new kit is great-glad you like it. Shorts are OK for staying white and mine have been black a few times after some mucky reliability rides
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    I'll be there for all three, racing for Worcester St Johns.
  • Sheptastic
    So today's 3/4 race was in places, terrifying.

Well done to the girl who came 2nd tho! :shock:
  • MikeWW
    Didn't think it was too bad although the crash on the last lap was nearly inevitable
    Will be back next week for more :D
  • Surfr
    I got shelled after 6 laps. I thought I'd fare better to be honest. I'll be back next wek for more of the same, and hopefully I can stay in touch with the bunch next time. Was the pace typical of the 3/4 races there?
  • Sheptastic
    I'd say it was close to it.

Think I averaged just under 25mph.
  • Surfr
    Yeh I've got 25.5 MPH avg, 32 MPH Max for each of the 6 laps I was in the bunch.
  • Sheptastic
    looking forward to next week, perhaps won't be going off the front of towing the bunch around the track!

my 1st race of the season, was a bit rusty! :
  • MikeWW
    Will be back there Saturday as well.
    The girl that was 2nd was Amy Roberts- a first year Junior (she is on the ODP though)
    Average was 25.2 for the race which I think is about normal-first 15 mins or so was probably slightly quicker as there was less sitting up
  • jones1328
    jones1328 Posts: 85
    This was my first ever race and was very enjoyable..apart from the crash at the end! Someone cut me up and I ended up shoulder barging the lamppost then flying into the hedge...came away from it alright though, just a few minor cuts to the face and a sore back.

Will be back again this Saturday, to hopefully finish it this time!

If anyone has any links to photos from the race, it would be great to see them.
  • Surfr
    Not sure whether these are visible to non-friends, but Mike Tarling from TRCC put up a set on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid= ... id=2104624
  • jones1328
    jones1328 Posts: 85
    another great race last Saturday with the inevitable crash towards the end. although it didnt look too bad.

anyone there this Saturday? and anyone have pics from last weeks race?
  • Surfr
    I'll be back again. Really looking forward to it after finishing just outside of the points last week. Weather was forecasting drizzle last time I looked though which may make things "interesting". Not ridden there in the wet but I imagine it will have a detrimental effect on the tighter corners and the green outside lines on the back 'straight'.
  • Surfr
    Very crashy out there today. Managed to avoid any contact personally but a clubmate got taken out and ended up with a broken frame. Went from the front with 5 laps to go to a fairly poor mid bunch finishing position. Need to work on the final lap positioning.
  • Sheptastic
    I don't regret not coming along now I hear it was a crashfest! I'd pre-entered but instead I'm saiving my legs for the Bill Jinks RR tomorrow

Were the Worcester boys missed? :D
  • MikeWW
    Sounds a bit worse than normal. Raced Darley Moor instead-tough circuit there with the wind (although apparently today was only a light breeze)
  • has anyone got any pictures from the sundorne race on saturday (26th), there was plenty of photographers out on the track?

cheers

Dan
  • Surfr
    There's a few sets on Facebook but I imagine they are all hidden by their respective owners from non-friends :/

That's one of the big downers with everyone putting race photos on Facebook.
  • I think the photographers were from Brooks Cycles as they were showing their range of training clothing.

If anyone can contact Chris Horsfield,i'm sure he will forward the pics.

+1 to Paramount for their promotion of the series but i feel they have missed a trick by not having a series prize with a winner overall for the various categories.

This would bring great publicity through local press etc.