Marmotte

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Entry now open here:

http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2 ... p?langue=1

€80 including the following day's time trial up Alpe d'Huez - bargain! (and you get €20 back when you return the timing chip...)

Anybody else signing up? I reckon it'll be popular this year. I have also signed up for the Hell of the Ashdown on 27 Feb - the usual season opener, hope to have got a bit of fitness back with a few runs over Christmas. he prospect of 174km through the Alps is fuilling me with dread right now!

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    edited December 2010
    Damn! Getting a stupid php error when I try and sign up

Edit: works fine if you choose the french language version. The form is missing some required options on the english version. *sigh*
    Edit2: Cheers, Mat, for the heads up!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I signed up for the Etape but seems Marmotte is the SCR choice so may sign up for this.

How do you get to €80. Looks like €47, am I missing some options?
  • bigmat
    JonGinge wrote:

It should work on the French language version of the site. Funny that!
  • bigmat
    JZed wrote:
    I signed up for the Etape but seems Marmotte is the SCR choice so may sign up for this.

How do you get to €80. Looks like €47, am I missing some options?

€13 for the Alpe d'Huez time trial (optional) and €20 refundable deposit for timing chip.
  • jonginge
    MatHammond wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

It should work on the French language version of the site. Funny that!
    Yep. Saw that advice over on the road side. It workee. I iz in. :D
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Oh, go on then.
  • jzed
    I've taken the plunge.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I would sign up but the whole getting there, finding somewhere to stay and transporting the bike - blugh!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    edited December 2010
    I'm in, too.

Now to lose weight. I'll start once I've finished these here wonderful Kettle Chips.

@ Jzed (and at least JG and Ketsbaia will appreciate this), any chance we could sit behind you from the bottom of the Glandon to, say, well, all the way to the foot of the Telegraphe? There's a tad of a headwind for you to deal with, but a man of your calibre will be fine. Thanks very much.

:D

Edited due to initial muppetry.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    I would sign up but the whole getting there, finding somewhere to stay and transporting the bike - blugh!

It's easier to get to Bourg D'Oisans than it is to get to deepest, darkest Worzel-ville :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I'm in. This is proper scary.
    exercise.png
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm in, too.

Now to lose weight. I'll start once I've finished these here wonderful Kettle Chips.

@ Jzed (and at least JG and Ketsbaia will appreciate this), any chance we could sit behind you from the bottom of the Galibier to, say, well, all the way to the foot of the Telegraphe? There's a tad of a headwind for you to deal with, but a man of your calibre will be fine. Thanks very much.

Headwind - no one mentioned headwind. CJCP - yeah please do tuck in behind until I blow up and then come on through. Isn't it Telegraphe first then Galibier - although I possibly could be going backwards if this weekends ride up Ditchling is anything to go by.
  • cjcp
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm in, too.

@ Jzed (and at least JG and Ketsbaia will appreciate this), any chance we could sit behind you from the bottom of the Galibier to, say, well, all the way to the foot of the Telegraphe? There's a tad of a headwind for you to deal with, but a man of your calibre will be fine. Thanks very much.

Headwind - no one mentioned headwind. CJCP - yeah please do tuck in behind until I blow up and then come on through. Isn't it Telegraphe first then Galibier - although I possibly could be going backwards if this weekends ride up Ditchling is anything to go by.

Good point. I meant the Glandon. :oops:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • ketsbaia
    Oh yeah. We'll all take turns on the front, but that short 10-15k stretch is all yours, JZed. :D

In return, I'll tow us all the way up the Galibier. :D
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Next year for me i think. Like to try and get some fitness in this year or it will be the broom wagon on the 1st climb :oops:
  • Marmotte - you either love it or hate it. :wink:
  • jonginge
    Marmotte - you either love it or hate it. :wink:
    :lol:
    What about marmotte XO:

parcours1.jpg
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • How about the Otztaler Cycle Marathon. Sounds even worse!
  • ketsbaia
    Definitely in now. :shock:
  • cjcp
    Check out the most recent post (by KOTM): http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=100

Edit: Initially thought I'd clicked the wrong box. Phew!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • ketsbaia
    Going through Veloventoux again. Don't have the time to try and find somewhere to stay. Might drive down, though. Train was a genuine ballache last year.
  • itboffin
    Training rides anyone click
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    itboffin wrote:
    Maybe a few more of these: social rides
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Maybe a few more of these: social rides

yes I think so and a lot more miles on the turbo