:-) :-)

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Excellent 8)
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    And Qatar....

It'd be 2030 by the time we are eligible again - hopefully I will have emigrated and not have to pay for it (although I am a contented Addics fan)...
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    That's a very grumpy outlook :P

It would have been fun to have hosted, but tbh it's going to be a pretty decent few years for tournaments in the UK so I'm not particularly bothered.

2012 Olympics
    2014 Commonwealth Games
    2015 Rugby World Cup
    2019 Cricket World Cup

2018 would have been nice, but not to be :)
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • Do you think the Russians will buy the 2012 Olympics from us if we throw in a free royal wedding?
  • gtvlusso
    1549: England bid ambassador and BBC presenter Gary Lineker has confirmed that England were knocked out in the first round of voting. They came fourth out of four. I'm stunned.

LMAO!!!!! :-) :-)
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Why don't you kill joys bugger off and lick a lemon. It would have been another boost for the country.

Do they even have grass in Qatar?
  • gtvlusso
    Sewinman wrote:
    Why don't you kill joys bugger off and lick a lemon. It would have been another boost for the country.

Do they even have grass in Qatar?

Oh come on - what did you expect?!

Call FIFA official's corrupt - provide evidence - then be upset when we get knocked out in the first round of voting, fourth out of four

Just proves how corrupt FIFA really are! They are obviously snubbing the UK. To be honest, with bailing out Ireland and the current squeeze on the family income - I don't particularly want to pay for a world cup. I am sure there will be allot of "corporate" tickets and the usual sky high ticket prices for the public and rubbish transport arrangements/trains services with sky high pricing, rubbish England performance and lots of re-criminations in the build up in the papers about how badly organised it is and how unsafe our stadia are......

Although they are corruption tiddlers compared to the IOC!
  • :lol::lol:

I am thrilled that it's not here. The UK is on the verge of a financial meltdown, so why on earth are we trying to spunk away more cash on stupid sports tournaments?!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Potato mafia, surely that's the Paddies?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Sewinman
    Euro 96 was great!
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    :lol::lol:

I am thrilled that it's not here. The UK is on the verge of a financial meltdown, so why on earth are we trying to spunk away more cash on stupid sports tournaments?!

Plz say that word again :shock:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    The world cup would have made money not cost money. Miserabilists.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    deffler wrote:
    :lol::lol:

Plz say that word again :shock:

i must say...i was also a little shocked! not really sure why...just was
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • gtvlusso
    spen666 wrote:

No, the paddies are the paddies....I am a paddie (or bog trotter)

The potato mafia are the russians....Vodka - made from potatoes y'see.
  • gtvlusso
    antfly wrote:
    The world cup would have made money not cost money. Miserabilists.

For whom?!
  • antfly
    Ticket touts for a start. People selling flags. Pubs. Prostitutes. Various others.
    It would have been great anyway.
  • Sewinman
    We have all the stadiums already, so I cant see it being hugely expensive.

I must say, the glee that this has been met with by some is a characteristic I have a lot of trouble with in this country.
  • gtvlusso
    antfly wrote:
    Ticket touts for a start. People selling flags. Pubs. Prostitutes. Various others.

Lets be pedantic about that :-)

Ticket Touts (cash only - don't pay tax into government - tax payer funds WC)

People Selling Flags (see above and flags have to be swept up by street cleaners when everyone leaves dissapointed - tax payer pays)

Pubs - Beer, intoxication, violence, vandalism - tax payer pays to police WC

Prostitutes - Don't pay tax - all go and buy new kitchens and Audi TT's.
  • Sewinman wrote:

I must say, the glee that this has been met with by some is a characteristic I have a lot of trouble with in this country.

I am mostly gleeful because I live in the UK and really don't like football and (EDIT: many, but not all of) its fans.
  • antfly
    gtvlusso wrote:
    antfly wrote:

People Selling Flags (see above and flags have to be swept up by street cleaners when everyone leaves dissapointed - tax payer pays)

OK, bad examples perhaps, but apparently it would have been worth billions to the economy. Don't ask me what that means.
  • spen666 wrote:

Have to say that one had me confused as well.

I am from the same background as GTV and I guess spud references just link with that for me.

Anyway is GTV morphing into DDD? just an observation.
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • antfly
    Is there a Bristol in Ireland?
  • cee
    antfly wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    antfly wrote:

OK, bad examples perhaps, but apparently it would have been worth billions to the economy. Don't ask me what that means.

did the african economy get a real terms boost of billions last year? if that answer is no....then it would be nothing but foolishness to expect it. if the answer is yes...then surely discussion over.

although i suspect it won't be discussion over, because i reckon the real term legacy of the world cup to africa is probably about £4.67...and the debate will move to how we would do it differently.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • gtvlusso
    antfly wrote:
    Is there a Bristol in Ireland?

There is a Bristol County, Massachusetts......

I am originally from Cork.....However, during the Potato famine I emigrated to find a new life in that "england colony" far away across the sea.....

:-) :-)
  • gtvlusso
    cee wrote:
    antfly wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    antfly wrote:

did the african economy get a real terms boost of billions last year? if that answer is no....then it would be nothing but foolishness to expect it. if the answer is yes...then surely discussion over.

although i suspect it won't be discussion over, because i reckon the real term legacy of the world cup to africa is probably about £4.67...and the debate will move to how we would do it differently.

SA also had sun and the place is a great destination to tack on a holiday to your footballing trip.......

However, for the fans travelling from the far reaches of the earth, the thought of a grey and wet summer and a weeks holiday in scunthorpe.....for that reason, I am out.
  • antfly
    Well i'm not sure I fancy going to Russia very much either. Their police might not be too friendly.
  • Sewinman
    There is a crazy new cold war starting on Twitter - 'Russians' started trending and they noticed. Third world war caused by twitter....
  • cee
    gtvlusso wrote:

SA also had sun and the place is a great destination to tack on a holiday to your footballing trip.......

However, for the fans travelling from the far reaches of the earth, the thought of a grey and wet summer and a weeks holiday in scunthorpe.....for that reason, I am out.

ludicrous :wink:

H.G. Wells.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I'm amazed!

FIFA that obviously bent and corrupt organisation has gifted Russia, that bent and corrupt country the World Cup.

Who would have stuffed large brown envelopes with used bent oil money and thought it!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sewinman wrote:

No we don't - Bristol are still trying to get planning permission to destroy green belt land to build theirs.
    Much better for FIFA to go to a country which is unlikely to look closely at allegations of corruption - maybe the Russians got their money in first