The Forthcoming Royal Wedding & The 2018 World Cup Bid

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Given David Beckham, David Cameron & Prince William are in Zurich boosting our bid for the World Cup.

We would be certs to win in Prince William offered all expenses paid VIP invites to his wedding to all the 22 voting members of FIFA

Come on William
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I think it is quote incredible that Cameron can be there at all:

Vlad "the inhaler" Putin *may not be able to make it to the vote. I guess he is too busy running his country.....
  • spen666
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I think it is quote incredible that Cameron can be there at all:

Vlad "the inhaler" Putin *may not be able to make it to the vote. I guess he is too busy running his country.....

Putin is not there as he fears vote is not going his way. He doesn't want to be seen at a vote that has failed - he is too concerned about his image.

Vote seems to be going to Spain/ Portugal unless William gets his invites issued soon

Twittering @spen_666
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Its just football, I don't get it?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    notsoblue wrote:

Very popular (possibly not with you but still), lots of money in it. That'll be the reason.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    dhope wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

Very popular (possibly not with you but still), lots of money in it. That'll be the reason.
    Ahhhh :)
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    If Spain can do a joint bid with Portugal, why could England not have done a joint bid* with Scotland?

* The only way we could have qualified!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    Well, I hope we don't win it, despite being a match goiing football fan.

I can't stand the grovelling in front of the corrupt FIFA organisation that seems to be required.

And I couldn't stand the hype surrounding it that would inevitably increase the deterioration of the domestic game.

Hats off to those Birmingham and Villa fans who did theor best last night to send it somewhere else. :twisted:
  • spen666
    hmbadger wrote:
    Well, I hope we don't win it, despite being a match goiing football fan.

I can't stand the grovelling in front of the corrupt FIFA organisation that seems to be required.

And I couldn't stand the hype surrounding it that would inevitably increase the deterioration of the domestic game.

Hats off to those Birmingham and Villa fans who did theor best last night to send it somewhere else. :twisted:

+1

Twittering @spen_666
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Both non events as far as I'm concerned
  • I'm really quite hoping that we don't get the World Cup. As was said before, it just seems to require a lot of grovelling towards some sort of jumped up corrupt organisation.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Predictions:

2018 - England
    2022 - Australia
    2011 - Royal Wedding
    2012 - Royal Child
    2014 - Royal divorce
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    We are spared the sight of English hooligans battling on English streets in 2018. They will be doing it in Red Square instead.
  • spen666
    Predictions:

2018 - England
    2022 - Australia
    2011 - Royal Wedding
    2012 - Royal Child
    2014 - Royal divorce

2 wrong so far

Twittering @spen_666
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    I take it the FIFA delegates didn't recieve any invites to the wedding then? Putin must have stayed away as a huge grin probably would have looked somewhat suspect before the official announcement was made. Prince Will had been up at half seven all week working hard on the bid according to Becks, he'll never get those hours back you know - he might even have caught a glimpse of Jeremy Kyle at some point, perish the thought.

Also, Russia & Quatar - aren't they major oil & gas producing nations or am I reading too much into this? Oh, and I bet the Russian fans will show these Brimingham & Villa "hooligans" how to start a proper riot too. Should make interesting viewing.
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex