Fire Eye Fire Sky build

Lewis A
Lewis A Posts: 767
edited December 2010 in MTB general
im looking to build a fire eye fire sky and i would like to know some budget ideas for bb crank and chain device i really am on a budget so no XTR or E-thirteen please!

some low range MRP's look good, are they? am noob so advice needed!
Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.

Comments

• Lewis A
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    look at superstar components.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • What is your budget?

Personally i'd be looking for second hand saint cranks and a superstar chainguide.
  • Lewis A
    just changed mind bout frame as chain reaction dont sell my size any more, now looking at this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=12527 budget for bb below 35 quid chain guide 30 cranks??? cheap as possible found this:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... xqMgL5gceg

any good?
  • Lewis A
  • First of all, what are you going to be using the bike for? Those two frames are completely different.

Are you looking for strength over weight in your components.

If you want cranks and a BB then your better off looking at a chain set rather than separate BB and cranks.

As said above look at superstar for a chain guide.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You would be better off deciding what you want the bike for and doing a bit of basic research first.
    I think people here will soon get fed up with trawling through pages of random Google searches.
    CRC do a Deore chainset with BB for about £55, for general xc riding you are not going to get much better or cheaper.
    Their people are also helpful - if you are buying a frame off them and want to make sure a component will fit send them and email, or phone.

Maybe you would be better off looking for a second hand bike with all the bits already on it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Lewis A
    alexj2233 wrote:
    First of all, what are you going to be using the bike for? Those two frames are completely different.

Are you looking for strength over weight in your components.

If you want cranks and a BB then your better off looking at a chain set rather than separate BB and cranks.

As said above look at superstar for a chain guide.

short travel am with about 120-130 travel