Seat posts that will go with a Brooks saddle?

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
Mine's on order at the moment and I heard getting a seat post to fit a Brooks can be tricky. Does anyone know a brand that works ok?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they are a standard fit. so any.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ideally you want a pretty shallow head so it doesn't interfere with the leather in any way and you've got easy access for leather care.
  • run mine with an S-works carbon.
    What a combo haha
  • plug1n
    plug1n Posts: 204
    Often the problem is getting enough setback, as the usable part of the rails is quite far back on most Brooks models.

If you are looking for the classic look then Google Velo Orange or Gilles Berthoud.

If you have money and like to mix and match styles then the 32mm setback FSA K Force would be good (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-k-force-lig ... seat-post/).

The Thomson Setback seat posts do actually NOT offer much setback as the basic design is straight up.

The need for setback depends on your riding position and flexibility.
  • plug1n
    plug1n Posts: 204
    Often the problem is getting enough setback, as the usable part of the rails is quite far back on most Brooks models.

If you are looking for the classic look then Google Velo Orange or Gilles Berthoud.

If you have money and like to mix and match styles then the 32mm setback FSA K Force would be good (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-k-force-lig ... seat-post/).

The Thomson Setback seat posts do actually NOT offer much setback as the basic design is straight up.

The need for setback depends on your riding position and flexibility, this is sometimes measured in bike fitting as the horizontal distance of tip of saddle behind the bottom bracket centre line.
  • badhorsy
    badhorsy Posts: 107
    Out of curiosity, which Brooks did you order?

My girlfriend ordered me a sexy B17 narrow (brown), which I intend to stick on my Specialized Secteur Elite. It shall be awesome.
  • rodgers73
    I ordered the B17 but cant remember which type (narrow etc).
  • rodgers73
    I see on the Brooks website that they sell clamps specifically for their seats that fit onto the old style seat post - would this be a better idea maybe?
  • gaspode
    gaspode Posts: 110
    I wouldn't worry too much - I have a standard B17 sitting on a 20 year old Campag Chorus post and a Professional on a Shimano Ultegra post - no issues fitting either.....