Fizik Fail! = CRC Result

arthur_scrimshaw
arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Anyone had any experience of Fizik's generosity or otherwise?
Did this on the way home on a bridal path, didn't see a dip and as I came out of it heard a crack. At first I thought it was the ice cracking but on checking the saddle found this

DSC01601.jpg

Guess just put it down to bad luck? It's just under a year old.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I've had a Gobi crack on both sides around the wingflex areas, it was on an ex demo bike, over a year old though so I didn't try to get it sorted under warranty.

You need to speak to the shop you bought the saddle from as any warranty is dealt with by them, not Fizik
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I've emailed CRC - see what happens.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    My Nisene did exactly the same, I did land on it with all my weight though :lol:
  • My Arione snapped in exactly the same place after I misjudged the road and went through a big pot-hole with my weight still on the saddle. Looks like Fizik haven't got the bendy-strong balance quite right.
  • That's reassuring that it's not just me! Forgot to mention mines a Nisene as well.

Did either of you have any joy with warranty or didn't you bother?
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Nah didn't bother, it's on a DH/FR bike so dont sit down much, plus it gives it a nice 'bounce' when I do :P
  • For warranty speak to the retailer.

If no warranty e-mail fizik, they offer a refurb service...
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    My mates got one with the exact same problem, although out of warranty.
  • Just had an email from a nice chap called Nicholas at CRC , the saddle has a two year warranty so I can pick another saddle (assume same price?) and they'll send it to me!

Any recommendations? They don't do the Nisene any more.
  • No ideas about the saddle choices, but good result in the end!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Would have expected no less from CRC.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Decided to go for the SDG Bel Air RL Ti saddle. It's more expensive but hopefully won't break.
  • Anyone having problems contacting CRC?

After initial success I seem to be having problems contacting them, they claimed not to have received one email from me, subsequent emails from me to them remain unanswered. Put a read receipt on one with no joy (I know this can be bypassed)

I'm not having email problems with anyone else. Hope it's just that their busy!
  • I completley shattered a plastic saddle when i was about 7 on my brothers old BMX. just broke. while i was sitting on it. had a saddle post somewhere sore.
    Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS
  • Sorry to bump this but i contacted Fizik as i have bent the rails on my Gobi Kium saddle. The have said if i return it to them they will repair it and return it to me. All i have to pay is postage costs which i think is great customer service :D