Transpyrrenees Route Summer

jamonserrano
jamonserrano Posts: 7
edited December 2010 in MTB rides
Anyone interested in a 200km route this summer? I am planning a ride from France to Spain; I have all the details but will need some help with transport back from the Spanish end.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    A bit more information would help this post, like are doing it over a weekend or 3 or 4 days.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • I put more details in but for some reason they didnt upload. Shall be doing the ride over about a week. I have all the accomodation info map and gpx if you are interested. Dates looking at the moment probably either second half july or second half of august.
  • Don't understand the second comment incidentally; is it supposed to be humorous?
  • robertpb
    No it wasn't humorous, 200km in 3-4 days sounds about right for this area.
  • As its over 10 kms of total climbing, on technical terrain, and 6 days is the usual recommendation, I would be very impressed by anyone who could do it in 3-4 days! :roll:
  • robertpb
    I've based my timing on what others ride on the same distance and grading in the Pyrenees for the average rider.

The speed average is between 7-10km per hour so I used 8km that's 25 hours of riding.

That's only 3-4 days riding with good breaks.

For 6 days it would drop the speed below 5km for an average riding day.
  • Google Cami dels Bonshomes/ Sentier des Cathares. Do you have personal experience of mountainbiking in the region? I prefer to base my calculations on my own personal experience and the advice of those with personal experience of the route?