oh god...

Alphabet
Alphabet Posts: 436
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
it's approaching getting-changed-and-going-back-out-into-the-cold-dark-streets-again time isn't it? I hate this time of day...

Comments

• andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    its great fun seeing all other people stuck in cars getting miserable

just make sure your warm :)
  • tailwind is still there for us going westerly peeps. Sorry for those who came in with one...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    tailwind is still there for us going westerly peeps. Sorry for those who came in with one...

I had an effing headwind coming up tooley street this morning there best not be one going back (SE) as well! :evil:
    Hat + Beard
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    hatbeard wrote:
    tailwind is still there for us going westerly peeps. Sorry for those who came in with one...

I had an effing headwind coming up tooley street this morning there best not be one going back (SE) as well! :evil:

yeah, i noticed that. wind is going south west this evening, so should be a bit better
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Bring on the tailwind!

Expecting loads of traffic to filter, hopefully won't clip another wing mirror tonight, sorry WVM, it works both ways :lol: :oops:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    iPete wrote:
    , hopefully won't clip another wing mirror tonight, sorry WVM, it works both ways :lol: :oops:

I did that this morning as well, some daft scooter girl decided to filter at the last minute without checking her mirrors. She didn't like being told off about it either.
  • hatbeard wrote:

sorry to say, unless my legs got a serious case of lack-of-energy then you're in for a headwind. at least yr not out training later...unless yr off up on't'Heath by yourself?
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    at least yr not out training later...unless yr off up on't'Heath by yourself?

guess it depends how cold/wet/knackered i am by the time I get back.

my boilers on the blink so no heating/hot water at all in the flat, so I may just dry off when I get back and build a fort of blankets on the sofa. assuming my weight doesn't magically balloon over night I've already met my end of month goal to get under 14 stone anyways so the commute home will be exercise enough for this kind of weather.
    Hat + Beard
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    gbsahne wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    , hopefully won't clip another wing mirror tonight, sorry WVM, it works both ways :lol: :oops:

I did that this morning as well, some daft scooter girl decided to filter at the last minute without checking her mirrors. She didn't like being told off about it either.

It must be clip a wing mirror day 'cos I hit one on the way home, didn't even see it coming, filtering along minding my own business and thwack! Still only another WVM and no damage done.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Dan_JR
    Dan_JR Posts: 36
    Butterd2 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    iPete wrote:

It must be clip a wing mirror day 'cos I hit one on the way home, didn't even see it coming, filtering along minding my own business and thwack! Still only another WVM and no damage done.

Ha! Me to, first time ever.
  • Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    Dan_JR wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    iPete wrote:

I hope you all stopped to get an OK from the WVM that there WASN'T any damage?

Riding away from a broken door mirror is "Failing to stop at a road traffic accident".

If you ride away from a broken door mirror, the WVM has the legal right to apprehend you, hold you while he calls the police and bring a civil case against you for damages.

Even so if there wasn't any damage, take a photo and report it to the local police. Failure to report is an offence too.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Chiggy wrote:

Riding away from a broken door mirror is "Failing to stop at a road traffic accident".

If you ride away from a broken door mirror, the WVM has the legal right to apprehend you, hold you while he calls the police and bring a civil case against you for damages.

Even so if there wasn't any damage, take a photo and report it to the local police. Failure to report is an offence too.

Err, yeah, thats what I did. When the driver shouted at me I didn't shout back at the driver slating their bad road positioning. That would be wrong.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Chiggy wrote:
    Dan_JR wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    iPete wrote:

Great advice Chiggy.

Alternatively you can think "didn't hear anything crack (arm or glass) so f*ck it" and ride off.

Not going to say which I did of course.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols