blind date - ettiquate

jairaj
jairaj Posts: 3,009
edited November 2010 in The Crudcatcher
So I've agreed to go on blind date, a friend's wife is trying to set me up with one of her work colleagues. Thing is I have no idea what Im supposed to be doing. I've been given her email and told to contact her.

Do I just dive in say lets go for a date? Or is there supposed to be some sort of pre-date online dating/chat to get to know each other a little bit? or what?

please help :oops:

Comments

• psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    meet up.
    go for nice drive in the country / cozy pub dinner date.
    drive to remote spot.
    lure her into ditch.
    twist her head round backward.
    have sexual intercourse with the body.
    go home for tea nad cake.

post pics on here for approval.
  • jairaj
    Oh obviously the above is a given but its the luring her into the date in the first place which is stumbling me.

I've never met this person, don't what they look like or anything about them. All I have is her e-mail address. Do I just treat this like meeting any other girl on a night out? start with some small talk then when she's not looking ...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I hate blind dates. I hate any dates really, too formal and too much expectation. I'd rather go out as a bunch of mates, more relaxed, get to know them in your own time: can always take things further afterwards if you both feel you want to, and will be a lot less awkardness.

Alternatively I sell rohypnol.
  • Phone her up and have a quick chat.
    If she sounds like she can breathe and walk at the same time arrange to meet up for a quick drink or coffee.
    I would go for a lunch time coffee then if she looks like the underside of a scrotum you can make excuses when you need to about parking running out/ need to do some shopping/bursting for a dump.
    I would get a picture of her first............saves a lot of cringing for all parties involved.
    I always go on blind dates with the thought of they are single for a reason :lol:
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • Send her an email just saying 'Our mutual friend *insert name here* said I should get in touch and ask you out on a date. Would you be up for it?'

At least that drops your mate in the sh@ and you can decide later. Always facebook stalk first, that's what it's really there for.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Email her a picture of your penis. Then the ball is in her court (pardon the expression)
  • Hmmm turn up, offer her a sausage roll with special sauce. If she says no you know its too much effort :p
  • And if you're a gentleman then the second date is a trip up the oxo tower. If you're not a gentleman then the first date will do.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • jairaj
    Always facebook stalk first, that's what it's really there for.

already tried that lol :lol: didn't get very far, I may try again
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    If your friends wife has used the phrases 'She's really lovely' or 'She's dead bubbly' and 'She's so full of life', run. You'll end up going on a date with someone the size of a hippo and who will bore you to death about her job
  • jairaj
    supersonic wrote:
    I hate blind dates. I hate any dates really, too formal and too much expectation. I'd rather go out as a bunch of mates, more relaxed, get to know them in your own time: can always take things further afterwards if you both feel you want to, and will be a lot less awkardness.

Alternatively I sell rohypnol.

yup I feel the same. I always feel pressured when its just the 2 people and don't really act as myself.

hmm my may ask for a double date or something with my friend and his misses?
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    walk in front of her and move things out of the way, describe the scenery to her in detail, as she can't see, she'll be grateful.

Soup is a no no if you're going out for dinner, as is ice cream and other drippy food etc unless you're giving her some man juice :wink:

On a lighter note, if said friend has told you of this particular female, would she have not told her as well?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    this sounds like a job for a man who knows a thing or two about the world.

so, until yeehaa turns up my advice is email her with the schpeel thekickingobvious recommended, seems an easy way to broach the subject and avoid the awkwardness that these things can involve.

once she replies (im assuming with a yes) first date is a bit difficult but lunch is always a good idea, not too formal and a good way to have a chat and what not.

the main thing and i would say this is pretty important, make sure you show her your c0ck as soon as possible, within the frst 5 minutes is usually best and say something like "well, its not gonna pull itself off!"

this way she will know you arent a bender.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Not to question the advice of the legendary Shepsteeth, but shouldn't you be saying to her 'This thing won't suck it's self!'

That way if she's a bit boring conversation wise, she can't talk.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i find women are more amiable with the idea of pulling mine off as its a fair old mouthfull and can be a bit intimidating.
  • tell her you like baking

cake.jpg

and washing up

downy.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I found my girlfriend here...

singles.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.