Kyle straits - stupid question....

bigjb1983
bigjb1983 Posts: 25
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

This may make me sound a wee bit thick......

Just got the 2011 kyle straits I ordered (which seem awesome) however how do you tell which is the right/left one?! Seem to fit pretty well either way but read a few reviews saying they rub like crazy if you get them the wrong way round - just to save some sore legs experimenting tomorrow can anyone help me out?!

Should the blue tabs be on the inside or outside of your knee?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Hanging straps should be to the outside of yoru knee
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Mine go on the inside and thats how my Straights (I think 2009) are labeled
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    One of the little tags inside should have a label with the size and the side.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    Northwind wrote:
    One of the little tags inside should have a label with the size and the side.

Yep... plus when in place the velcro straps should finish on the outside of your leg. That way the don't catch when you're walking... easier than fiddling with the label to check which is which.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • Northwind
    Both of mine have the open end of the strap on the inside, that's an old and a new model. They don't catch when you're walking. I think some people are wearing them wrong way round, which is fine as long as it works for you
    Uncompromising extremist
  • mac_man
    Northwind wrote:
    Both of mine have the open end of the strap on the inside, that's an old and a new model. They don't catch when you're walking. I think some people are wearing them wrong way round, which is fine as long as it works for you

This is the way I wear them....
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... uard-10329

Open end pointing to outside.

The pads are definitely differently shaped as if for left and right... as far as i can see. But wear them whichever way round you like TBH. Nobody's gonna notice if you wear them t'other way round.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

• Northwind
    All I can say to that is, read the label. As you say as long as they fit it doesn't matter but mine are the exact opposite way round to how they're worn in that pic. I've got one pair identical to that and one pair slightly older and both are the other way round.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • hyperman
    hyperman Posts: 232
    Little White tab inside gives size and side, for example XL L for left and XL R for right.
  • mac_man
    Northwind wrote:
    All I can say to that is, read the label. As you say as long as they fit it doesn't matter but mine are the exact opposite way round to how they're worn in that pic. I've got one pair identical to that and one pair slightly older and both are the other way round.

doh.... i been such a spanner....checked mine last night and they're the same as yours. :oops:

god knows why i thought differently :roll:

• Northwind
    Does it matter though? As long as they work. I reckon they take their shape from being worn so yours are probably now set in their ways.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there does seem to be a very slightly different shape to the left and right ones.
    Putting them on the wrong legs can have disastrous consequences. It might make you ride uphill as fast as anything, but be really crap on the downhills, or vice versa. AND, you'd have to walk everywhere backwards.
    If you wear them the wrong way round too long, your knees will hinge backwards, like a pelican.
    And you don't want that now do you?