Way of The Roses for charity

squibnocket
squibnocket Posts: 207
edited December 2010 in Tour & expedition
I'm considering making use of the extra bank holliday next year and would like to do the Way of the Roses for charity. I'd like to do it for breast cancer research as my wife has had a tough 5 years with it. Can I just do the ride and obtain sponsorship from friends etc or do I need official forms from a breast cancer charity. I'm hoping to do it in two days with one nights camping inbetween. Any advive, tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Good luck with your ride, i would suggest that when you chose which charity ( there are many) you get details from them about how to proceed?

As for the ride a great route and doing it over 2 days should see you stop near Boroughbridge which has many good facilities
  • I tend to use http://www.justgiving.com/ to collect all my sponsorship money. It goes straight to the charity and means people can sponsor you by debit/ credit card. It also does all the gift aid stuff for you (tax back on donations by UK tax payers).

Only draw back is not everyone likes nor has access to the internet so I usually contact the charity directly. Their always happy to send through sponsor forms. The other benefit I’ve found from contacting the Charity is their help with publicising what you’re doing to help raise even more money.

Good luck with the ride it looks like an interesting route. I’m based in York so if you need a sofa to stay on for your stop, some lunch or company on the ride send me a PM.
  • Thanks for the advice guys.

Jonny I may well take you up on one of your offers, can I contact you closer to the day.....

Cheers
  • I'm doing this ride next May. Hoping to use my road bike. Does anybody know if any of the route is unsuitable for a road bike?

Thanks