Which Hardtail?

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited November 2010 in MTB buying advice
Well I have got £470 now, I was going to wait till after xmas and get a new fury but why should i wait when I can get something better right now.

So I've got some options now:
A very good condition Kona Kula Deluxe 07 for £450 but could i haggle and if so, what to?

Kona Kula Deluxe 07

Easton tubing race 17 inch (Med) frame.
Easton bars\stem\ seat post
Rockshox Reba race forks
Hayes nine brakes.
Lx cranks\ front mech\shifters\cassette.
Xt rear mech
Shimano\sun wheels

A used Fury but only used on the road and rarely for £400

I was thinking of going for the kona as it has a better spec and it should easily do everything I ask of it speed-wise. But its more a xc race bike than something to bash around in the forest or even tackle some jumps.

Decisions, decisions, can somebody help me choose or if somebodies got something better.

EDIT - There's also a used Cube Acid
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/vie ... t=12744241

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    If the Kona is mint, I would have that as long as it is is good nick..it sounds like a great spec and the forks new would be upwards of £300...be cheeky and offer £400 first !
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • I put in that cheeky offer for the kona of £400 but I'm starting to regret it, thinking that it wouldn't handle jumps at all. If he turns down my offer I might have the fury. This is just too hard, 3 good bikes to choose from.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    edited November 2010
    Before I go and stop the deal with the kona, do you think it could handle me doing some smallish jumps on it, me being a light ass? But its a 23lb xc machine, not a hardcore hardtail. And then on the reviews it says it handled downhill and is tougher than it looks

Too confusing
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Doubt they'll sue you if you withdraw your offer. Especially if it hasn't been accepted.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I know I can pull out, but I just need to know if the kona will survive a few smallish jumps and drops.