Socks

Lord Jimmy 7th
Lord Jimmy 7th Posts: 379
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Ok guys i went out this morning with 2 pairs of socks on, and overshoes on and my feet froze, so any suggestions for really really warm socks to wear? or what do you guys do to keep your feet warm?

Comments

• sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Ok guys i went out this morning with 2 pairs of socks on, and overshoes on and my feet froze, so any suggestions for really really warm socks to wear? or what do you guys do to keep your feet warm?

piss on them :wink:
    alternitively , thin soft pair of merino wool socks , second thicker pair of good quality wool socks. pair of shoes that are one size to big and neopreme over shoes.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    just search cos god knows there's enough threads on here about this ....
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    just search cos god knows there's enough threads on here about this ....

But that involves time and effort reading through threads :wink:
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I quite like the Assos winter socks!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I wore my new woolie boolies for the first time this morning (with overshoes), and was v impressed. Nice warm toes, and still dry as a bone by the time I got home from a freezing club run (unlike my seal skinz which trap the sweat).

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    +1 woollie bollie - esp as they can be had for £10 new
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Endura Thermolite thick socks with their thinner normal cycling socks underneath. Endura MT500 overshoes = warm feet.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    dilemna wrote:
    Endura Thermolite thick socks with their thinner normal cycling socks underneath. Endura MT500 overshoes = warm feet.

Just save money and use a couple of carrier bags on your feet
  • give up it's -8 in Cardiff in the mornings and was -18 in Powys a couple of nights ago. you're going to freeze.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business