improving an Orange Blood.

ricky48
ricky48 Posts: 18
edited December 2010 in MTB general
I dont own an Orange Blood or have rode one but I just wondered how more rideable it would be with 1x10 gearing? I am aware that its not really an XC rig-the 5 being that bike of choice but surely with different gearing it would make an awesome unique trail tool that could still rip the descents AND climb back up? Wish I still had my 5-even though it was too small for me...

Comments

• what is this question then?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    errr get a 5 ......
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've never piloted a space shuttle, but I wonder how much faster it would be with BP high octane.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like a good way to ruin a bike.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I've calculated that my manhood is the largest in the world.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    So, you are asking about how to make a bike you haven't ridden more rideable, by by adding a drivechain that is barely being used yet? :?
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Will 1x10 be "more rideable" than the Blood's standard double? No. What would make you think it might be?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    thel33ter wrote:
    So, you are asking about how to make a bike you haven't ridden more rideable, by by adding a drivechain that is barely being used yet? :?
    Who said anything about a chain?
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    thel33ter wrote:

Drivechain = Transmission = groupset.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Nope. Drivetrain?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    Neily03 wrote:
    thel33ter wrote:

Drivechain = Transmission = groupset.
    Drivetrain I thought.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Oh yea lol, meant drivetrain :oops:

Anyway, a 1x10 will make it less ridable than a 2x10 or 3x9, as there are less gear ratios.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • bennett_346
    thel33ter wrote:
    Oh yea lol, meant drivetrain :oops:

Anyway, a 1x10 will make it less ridable than a 2x10 or 3x9, as there are less gear ratios.
    Sorry mate, just a pet hate of mine, drivechain is a component on the drivetrain, lets not confuse already confused people! :P
  • Thanks for all the smart assed replies to my recent query re a Blood fitted with a 1x10 drivetrain.Is it imperative that you have to either own or have tried a product before you can make an observation or comment?How often have you drooled over something like a Ferrari in a car mag and wondered "what if it had this or that fitted-and wouuld it perform any better?"The point I was trying to make was apparently the Blood has "allegedly"a poor chain line due to having a standard 135mm rear axle and an 83mm b/b which doesn`t lend itself to running a dual ring chainset very effectively (according to the journos).As many magazines would have us believe 10 speed cassettes are the way forward and with this in mind a 1x10 and chain device would imho make sense on this bike.Ok,maybe some of you beg to differ,but there`s no need for mindless ridicule-try and keep that for some other bike forums and grow up.
  • cooldad
    Perhaps you should have made your point a bit more clearly then.
    But you will find this forum is filled with immature smart arses.
    If you are that sensitive may I suggest http://www.ballet.co.uk
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Greater trolls etc etc. WTF drugs are you on mofo?
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Ricky you just been trolled out by Cooldad. Shame on you, such a cheap trick worked. :lol:
    Cooldad wrote:
    And little trolls have lesser trolls, And so on to ferocity.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • RICKY48 wrote:
    Thanks for all the smart assed replies to my recent query re a Blood fitted with a 1x10 drivetrain.Is it imperative that you have to either own or have tried a product before you can make an observation or comment?How often have you drooled over something like a Ferrari in a car mag and wondered "what if it had this or that fitted-and wouuld it perform any better?"The point I was trying to make was apparently the Blood has "allegedly"a poor chain line due to having a standard 135mm rear axle and an 83mm b/b which doesn`t lend itself to running a dual ring chainset very effectively (according to the journos).As many magazines would have us believe 10 speed cassettes are the way forward and with this in mind a 1x10 and chain device would imho make sense on this bike.Ok,maybe some of you beg to differ,but there`s no need for mindless ridicule-try and keep that for some other bike forums and grow up.

Walll of text!! even I use paragraphs and can hardly speak let alone spell in my native language..
  • cooldad
    Waylander = Troll. And an immature smartass.

But at least you are not a drug addled mofo like me.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Better/more/less gears isn't going to change a bike dramatically, if at all. Cane Creek Double Barrel, BOS DeVille fork, UST tyres, now that's a different story.
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?