Comments

• springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    edited November 2010
    Duplicate post.
    Simon
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've got steel, alu, carbon and my lad has a Ti frame. I like all of my bikes - I cant honestly say that I favour one material enough over another. Theres too many other factors.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Aluminium is a far better frame material for making full suspension mtb out of than either Ti or Steel.

As for road bikes, you can make a really nice bike out of aluminium, same as all the other materials really.
  • It's not what material it's made from, it's how it's made...
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    wicked wrote:
    22-48 wrote:
    Another steel Waterford 33 rider here, quite simply the comfiest/best handling bike i have ever owned, oh and its light and fast. I have ridden many of the best carbon frames and they cannot come close.

This post is useless without pics!

Why?

Because I need to see your waterford!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • I'll show you mine if you show me yours. You can have a look at mine. It's a S33 in blue with ultegra and hope hoops. How do you get a picture on here then?
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Yet still I covet a particular couple of aluminium bikes...

would that be the vitus duralinox? (check spelling on that by the way)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No, a Principia Rex, a Bianchi EV3, a Caad10 or a Colnago Dream in Mapei or Zabel colours. Any one of them.
  • 22-48
    22-48 Posts: 48
    As requested, not sure this is the best picture, must get a better one sometime.

58.5 TT 55 ST (eff 60) Chorus/Super Record Mix 16.2 lbs

4866216507_9d237f905a_d.jpg