FGS - T mobile Add top of forum

IhateDNS
IhateDNS Posts: 380
Ever time go to top of browser to hit a tab I hear the retune of the mac :evil: After hit mute. The bloody add still goes off.

O2 add so must better no sound.
I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Yes. Please do something about that ruddy ad. It's starting to make me mutter bad things under my breath.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/

Adblock Plus

Not sure how that additional text got there, I never typed it, oh and I wasn't whining :wink:
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    whine !
    Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site
    wow I never know that payment from adds.

Please keep them silent
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The ads that are there help to bring you the massive amount of free content on this site.

However, if it plays sounds automatically, that's not right.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    The sound only lasts for as long as your cursor is over the advert. You could try moving your mouse?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what advert?

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    still no T mobile advert.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    edited December 2010
    I don't mind banner ads that pay for the site, but I do mind intrusive ads that keep taking over half the screen (netbook desktop real estate is small and at a premium!) when my mouse goes anywhere near the banner, and starts playing an annoying video, then consumes half the CPU.

It's especially annoying as it doesn't always stop playing when you move the mouse away or if you flick to another tab having moused up the screen quickly.

I do occasionally click on the banner ads here if it's of interest, but won't be clicking on T-Mobile. Pop up ads and expanding banners - no. Normal banners are okay.
  • 100% agree, don't visit here that often but hate that banner ad.. really not pleasant, it's a shit TV advert and the banner ain't much better.
  • I posted this on the C+ bit of the site, but I'm going to say it again anyway because it really irritates me.

Yes, I know ads pay for the site. And that's fine. They can have moving images, whatever I don't care. But ones that expand, cover content, play music which interrupts my own music, EACH AND EVERY TIME I OPEN A NEW FORUM TOPIC is not on. It's intrusive and makes using the site less pleasant. Even once when you first log on is fine, not all the time.

I'm sure some whopper who works in advertising considers this ad to be 'innovative' and 'creative' (and her/his work in general to be para-artistic). But it's not.

It's a pollution.

Bike Radar: Please get rid of it and tell the jokers at T Mobile to ram this insulting heap of pish up their arse.
  • I posted this on the C+ bit of the site, but I'm going to say it again anyway because it really irritates me.

Yes, I know ads pay for the site. And that's fine. They can have moving images, whatever I don't care. But ones that expand, cover content, play music which interrupts my own music, EACH AND EVERY TIME I OPEN A NEW FORUM TOPIC is not on. It's intrusive and makes using the site less pleasant. Even once when you first log on is fine, not all the time.

I'm sure some whopper who works in advertising considers this ad to be 'innovative' and 'creative' (and her/his work in general to be para-artistic). But it's not.

It's a pollution.

Bike Radar: Please get rid of it and tell the jokers at T Mobile to ram this insulting heap of pish up their arse.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them** Plus

Large numbers of people will be looking at this forum when their boss thinks they are doing some work. Websites that blow their cover are shooting themselves in the foot.

The ad is extremely annoying. Like everyone has said we don't mind ads. We realise they are what brings the free content. But there's a line they shouldn't cross and that T-mobile one crosses it.

It's part of what I think of when I think of T-Mobile now. 'Oh yeah they're the company with that really annoying advert' (well, that and Jan Ullrich, Vinokourov and Bjarne Riis) Not good branding.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i follow a strict code of boycotting firms who give us she-ite ads. t-mobile is the latest and joins a list along with sensodyne, pringles, vodafone, o2, honda (and any other advertiser that thinks a smooth american voice will make me purchase their product) and many more i cant be bothered recalling.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I'm not using Bikeradar until that T-Mobile ad gets silenced.

Every new page I open it starts playing - driving me potty. It this started misloading and wouldn't stop until the page was closed.

Invasive noisy ads have opposite effect from that desired.
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    IhateDNS wrote:
    Ever time go to top of browser to hit a tab I hear the retune of the mac :evil: After hit mute. The bloody add still goes off.
    This please sort it out or remove the damn thing. It ruins your other wise good site
  • Anonymous
    Seems to have disappeared for me. Just a regular banner for various stores now that are non-intrusive. I'm happy to click on them.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Thanks for your feedback. I've flagged this and other threads with our ads team.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very annoying. and andy, that is true but when you move along to another tab, you have to go back to the one thats making the awful noise, then move your mouse around it so you can move back to the tab so that the ad doesn't make a sound :roll:
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    I've had enough of it .

there are other places to discuss cycling

goodbye
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Jeff Jones wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback. I've flagged this and other threads with our ads team.

too slow really, been what a month?

any way I've now blocked flash on this and other sites, because of this site.
  • Anonymous
    Insanely annoying. Mother-in-law keeps looking at me when Mark Morrison starts warbling from nowhere.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Most annoying advert ever!!!!!! I know you need to get money somehow but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to come to the website because of this advert!!!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Indeed, the advert made me use search to find if other people have been complaining, it's the worst advert and most annoying on earth.

**edit**

Think it's gone, just as I've posted in this thread lol.
  • Good to see that the T-Mobile advert has gone but it's been replaced by an equally irritating Star Wars advert :x
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    It still appears for me :cry:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ^ And me! Please replace with the far less annoying Go Compare ads!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    It still appears for me now.
  • Anonymous
    At least Robot Chicken is funny, especially the Star Wars spoofs. Still could do without adverts activating when the mouse goes over. They're the worst kind of adverts. It says "rollover to watch the trailer", but I can roll over the advert for so many other reasons and have no intention of watching the trailer at that time. Worse is I may have watched it once but don't want to do it just because I'm moving the mouse to the address bar, tabs, toolbar, etc. I'd click on a Robot Chicken advert however.
  • Anonymous
    At least Robot Chicken is funny
    This is where you lost me! FAIL