TT Training...

tbutterworth
tbutterworth Posts: 21
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
Hi

Anyone know where i can enter into open TT's to start getting some experience? i guess its out of season at the moment, as I'm having difficulty finding many races.

Comments

• simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Not much happening in time trials, it's the time to think of training for next season... or put on weight through not training. Most clubs don't seriously kick off until about March, club evening events don't often get rolling before May.

If you're inexperienced I wouldn't recommend an Open, where you fill in a form and pay in advance. Better you find a club to join, do some club events and get a feel for it.

If you have a dig through the Training and Amateur Race forums you'll find plenty of info there, and there's always the search facility for older but equally useful info.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Hi

Anyone know where i can enter into open TT's to start getting some experience? i guess its out of season at the moment, as I'm having difficulty finding many races.

You might find some TTs in the Southern Hemisphere or warmer European climates. Any frequent flyer miles you want to cash in? 8)
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Some cycling clubs run some club TT's over xmas, I know our club has a boxing day 10.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    To enter an open TT you must be a member of a club, so if you are not a member of a club, I would suggest joining one.

If you are a member of a club, speak with someone in the club that does TT's, they should be able to provide you with local details of club events and local events when they start around March 2011.

Even if you are inexperienced entering an open event is very easy (well I think it is), my first TT was an open event.

If you want to do TT's regularly I would suggest getting a CTT 2011 Handbook, you can pre order them now, as it lists all the events over the country, and details of who to sent entry forms to. Club events are easier to enter, just turn up on the night, pay your money and off you go, that information might be found on local club websites nearer the time.

I will be doing a New Years Day 10, but after that, it will be nothing but training until early March.