Chaffing - WARNING may contain unsuitable content!

2»

Comments

• Surely it is all to do with the way you "dress". I would suggest #4 would reduce chaffing

7715-Poland.jpg
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Whilst 2 looks doomed?

Decent shorts and allow the old chap (chafe...) a day's recovery, it'll never get better if you keep scratching that particular itch!

Red (well any colour but black) is just so wrong.......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • How are you coping when you fancy twisting one off the cuff?
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Surely it is all to do with the way you "dress". I would suggest #4 would reduce chaffing

7715-Poland.jpg

From the left or the right!?!?!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Dude.

Chaffing on your nob? How the hell is that happening? Are you having a little love session with your bike at the end of the ride?

but really though, I mean there should be no chaffing *there*.

On your ars3 maybe, inner thigh perhaps. But I'd question your riding position / style if you're getting chaffing there.

Yours worried for your health...
  • Clingfilm is your friend
  • Woodford2barbican

I can see your nuts clearly![/quote]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Reposition him.

When cycling I'm a point towards my chin - head north - look up man - kinda guy.

If its hanging down I'll get off the bike reposition to the up but a bit to the left (to avoid the centre seam) position. This also helps when concealing any unxepected growth as fit girl rides past.

Also

Get the wife to kiss it better.

Baby oil/vaseline*.

Get the wife to kiss it better.

*Dunk it in a pint glass of milk, milk soothes...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    redvee wrote:
    Rub vaseline the length of your old fella

Don't be caught doing this.

Don't get vaseline confused with ralgex :shock:

If you buy " Fiery Jack's Volcanic Muscle Rub " it works almost as well as vaseline, allegedly :shock:
  • Try talcum powder before riding, a doctor who used to ride from Launceston to Bodmin said this is what he used, and that is 30 miles then back again.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Talc blocks the pours, you could end up with white head in the crotch area. That aint going to go down well. Both ways.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Apply deep heat liberally to your "bat cave" this will do nothing whatsoever to address the chaffing problem, although it will take your mind off it for a bit.
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • TLDNMCL
    TLDNMCL Posts: 2,779
    "ultimately the rubbing will be there until I find a solution" :shock:

Haven't you packed that childish habit up yet? :wink:

Grease up your "person" as well as your shorts with sudocreme or suchlike, and follow the previous advice about positioning and seam avoidance. Good luck!
    Mac
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Maybe a custom three legged bib tight may solve your problem....must be worth a try.
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    A not uncommon problem and usually solved by a liberal application of chamois creme before setting out and a little 'repositioning' to prevent the old chap from resting on the saddle for too long.

Ah yes and better shorts, for heavens sake man if you're going to be cheap then expect a little friction in the lower regions at unwanted times. :shock:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Sudocream and switching back to Castelli bib shorts seems to be working, just seems a waste to hide lovely expensive Castelli under cheaper Castelli bib tights.

Is it possible to have two much Castelli ...?

Nah!

FWIW I'm also rocking with Castelli overshoes under Prolite overshoes, nice warm combo for about an hour anyway, oh and two Castelli hats.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    Sudocream and switching back to Castelli bib shorts seems to be working, just seems a waste to hide lovely expensive Castelli under cheaper Castelli bib tights.

Is it possible to have two much Castelli ...?

Nah!

FWIW I'm also rocking with Castelli overshoes under Prolite overshoes, nice warm combo for about an hour anyway, oh and two Castelli hats.
    Too much Castelli? Does not compute.

I wore tights on the commute for the first time this winter. The pad in the DHBs is just not as good as the shorts I've been wearing hitherto. I'm waiting for some new Castelli Claudio shorts to arrive :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides