Snowdrop and Sunrise Express. 19th February 2011

Sunrise Express and Snowdrop Express Audaxes

...the only audax you should be thinking about this winter!

A superb event to help you blow out those winter cobwebs, get some winter training or merely enjoy a leisurely ride through the crisp and hopefully sunny weather. The routes start at Hartlebury in North Worcestershire and head off to circuit the Vale of Evesham

This is a popular audax with around 200 riders and only one of a few at this time of year. So make sure you book a place as soon as you can, you can do this online and for only £7 (£5 for AUK, BC or CTC members).

Full Details:

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/index.html

The Events - 19th February 2011

Our two events, the Sunrise Express and the Snowdrop Express, are both 123km in length and they follow the same route, but travelling in opposite directions. The start times are staggered as follows to give riders a choice and to ease congestion at the HQ.

Sunrise Express. 08.30. 123km clockwise

Snowdrop Express. 09.00. 123km anti-clockwise

How to Enter

Via Paypal from the Beacon RCC website or by downloading the snail mail entry form.

The Route:

express_map.jpg

Comments

• Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    On it, hopefully when the info arrives... :D

Is the Cotswold Audax on the 19th June? It isn't on the Audax calendar.
  • Chiggy wrote:
    On it, hopefully when the info arrives... :D

Is the Cotswold Audax on the 19th June? It isn't on the Audax calendar.

I dropped an e-mail to George and he confirmed that it is provisionally set for the 19th June as you mentioned. Sadly, I will be away :cry:
  • I'm in :D

Just hope it warms up a little by then!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Philip, do you know when the route sheets are going to be available for the Snowdrop/Sunrise Express??

Thanks.
  • Hi, probably within the next couple of weeks.
  • Mbike
    Mbike Posts: 96
    Already entered on line, this wil be my 7 th or eighth time.
  • Only thirty or so places left on each of the two rides. Not long until I have to close off the entry system.

I hope to get the route cards off to tomorrow via e-mail.

Evesham Cafe have already bought in their cement mixer to produce 1cwt of their cyclist's bread pudding.
  • Just a quick note to say, riders entered to these events are advised to arrive with plenty of time to spare for registering before the 8.30 or 9.00am starts. With 240 riders expected, the audax controllers at GHQ are going to have their work cut out.

With the mild conditions forecasted, it will hopefully be a good turnout with few DNSs.