Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Quick.Step now Czech plaything

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,774
edited November 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/czech-b ... quick-step

More "rich guy buys cycling team" news.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

• LangerDanLangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Bessel Kok probabaly heard someone refer to cycling as "chess on wheels" and thought "I'll buy some of that".

Seems a slightly odd investment for either billionaire, particualrly if 'QuickStep will remain the only name sponsor.

BTW - Cyclingnews seem to have realised that Kok is Dutch rather than Czech and changed their headline.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • DaveyLDaveyL Posts: 5,167
    LangerDan wrote:
    Seems a slightly odd investment for either billionaire, particualrly if 'QuickStep will remain the only name sponsor.

Kok Step?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:

Kok Step?

Quick Kok?
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!
  • DaveyLDaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I hope he backs all this up with some action.

Empty Bessels make the most noise.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Stybar possibly signing up to QS as well, making the Czech connection stronger still.
  • mrolimroli Posts: 3,622
    I've just had a new laminate floor put in. Quick Step. Very pleased with it :oops:
  • Getty
    a397f9506988621de83291409c560805-getty-cycling-quickstep-bakala.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If Stybar wants to come to the road then this may make it easier.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • How will Stybar do on the road? Sven Nys failed pretty badly really, have there been any examples people making a succesful crossover?
    My Men 2020 - Mark Cavendish, Ben Swift, Fernando Gaviria, Alejandro Valverde, Edvald Boassen Hagen, Zdenek Stybar, Vincenzo Nibali, Geraint Thomas.
  • He says he wants to do it at some point - to ride Flanders and Roubaix then CX in the Winter.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejaydeejay Posts: 3,138
    How will Stybar do on the road? Sven Nys failed pretty badly really, have there been any examples people making a succesful crossover?
    Roger De Vlaeminck
    Pascal Richard
    Adri Van der Poel
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972