Gran Fondo Cymru : REFUNDS?

Caer caradoc
Caer caradoc Posts: 71
In 2008 the Gran Fondo Cymru was cancelled following the sad death of the organiser.

Unfortunately, the thorny and unpalatable issue surrounds refunds and this does not appear to have been resolved. Has anybody heard anything?

Guessing that there 1,000 entrants, surely our individual fees have not vanished.

Comments

• bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    Was only thinking about this the other day when I saw my account on the entry website! I remember them saying it was locked in estate at the time but I haven't heard anything since either. I would like to know (out of courtesy), even if it's been handed over to the charity the event supported (I think it did anyway).
  • It is rather strange that it has been so silent for so long. I know that these matters take time to clear up but it now nearing three years.
  • jpenno
    jpenno Posts: 51
    I doubt there will be any refunds

http://www.granfondocymru.org.uk/

This is taken from the site
    "I have today received a telephone call from Patricia Woodall and she has informed me that she still does not have access to any of Jonnie's event funds and that everything is still in the hands of the Probate Solicitors.

Patricia has again stressed that any monies left from the event will be donated to charity.

I will update this site when I hear of any further news. "
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    Thanks for the link to the website, confirms what I thought. I've no problem with it going to charity - just hope it reaches them eventually!

I really enjoyed the event and have hoped it would some how be revived - it would be a good tribute to Jonnie.