Hard to fit tyres on Pro-lite Como's

zoid
zoid Posts: 100
edited November 2010 in Workshop
Hi,

Just received a Ribble which came with Pro-lite Como's, first thing I've done is remove the standard tyres and fit (well try) a pair of Vittoria Rubino Tech tyres that have been in use on my current bike on set Mavic Open Pro rims.

Thing is I'm finding it really hard to get them on (much harder then on the mavics) with out using tyre levers and even then it's damn hard. This really worries me as if I'm struggling while indoors with central heating on how on earth I am going to cope out on the road in Winter with cold hands?

Is this a common issue with this wheelset, would I be better off getting some different wheels?
I've got a pair of Rubino Pro folding tyres on the way and I'm hoping these will be easier to get on...

Comments

• The tyres are tought to get on but it could just be an issue with the tight tyres mixed with tight wheels.

As for changing the wheels. they are very very heavy but they are very very strong. I'd use them for the winter and then try something lighter in the spring as the weather picks up
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up