What size inner tubes?

hatbeard
hatbeard Posts: 1,087
edited November 2010 in The workshop
I've got some 700x35c schwalbe marathon winter tyres on order but I just realised I hadn't considered if I'll need new tubes to go in them.

My bike is a Specialized Tricross Sport and is currently running 700x32c borough cx tyres using specialized standard presta tubes according to it's spec sheet but I can't tell what size tubes they are and if they'll be suitable for the new schwalbes.

if I were to buy another set of tubes what ones should I be looking at to fit a 700x35c tyre?
Hat + Beard

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any tube in a 32 will be fine in a 35 the difference is tiny, a friend of mine uses 1-1.25" schwalbe tubes inside his 2.1" Conti speed kings anyway, the tube stretches easily enough!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I bought the 25 to 32 for my 25mm Marathons and 35mm cross tyres. I've had no problems at all. The inners I bought were in the 10 pack and seem very good. In fact I might have bought too many of them as none have punctured in the last a 500 + miles so they'll probably last years

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41989
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    awesome cheers guys
    Hat + Beard