Cannock

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited November 2010 in Routes
How does the trails there compare with the likes of Glentress, Kirroughtree etc. Are they Red or Black graded?

Will be down in a few weeks to do them....
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    How does the trails there compare with the likes of Glentress, Kirroughtree etc.

They don't. Cannock is pretty good but it's got nothing on the Scotland stuff.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Understood, but what is the level of the trail? I am happy with most Red stuff, but Black pushes me a little too hard... well for now!

Kirroughtree is the best I have done out of 4 of the Stanes.... but do like the fact Glentress is just one big up and down....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Easy easy is the word of the day.

But it does have 2 really nice flowy sections, you will know them when you hit them, and if you turn back up the fire track the way you came after both you can redo them.

Otherwise its an enjoyable little pedal out :) But make sure you do the full trail with the Monkey loop, as FTD on it's own is actualyl very dull.
  • But make sure you do the full trail with the Monkey loop, as FTD on it's own is actualyl very dull.

There's nothing dull about Tackeroo and the fast berms :P
  • I think there is plenty dull with FTD most dispointing trail I've ever ridden. the huge berms later in FTD were silly almost on the flat :S

But was fairly happy riding the moneky it flowed way better and was a good giggle in places.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    As above. It's my local loop and is a revelation in terms of what and where it is but there's nothing too taxing and of course the red is all rollable.