Snow is Here

mwooldridge
mwooldridge Posts: 21
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Well, that's the first morning commute in snow this morning. Looking out of my office window is is snowing again now. Here comes winter everyone. Time to get the thermal longs out, hopefully will not be as long as it was last year.

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    So, where are you? No snow here in Glasgow.... yet...
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • In Aberdeen, and has been now snowing on and off all morning. Going to be interesting going home. Weather prediction for the rest of the week is not good either ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11827592
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Was snowing here but none really settled.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • It really is snowing heavily now and laying in the middle of town. Going to have real fun getting home.
  • Initialised
    I got caught in it last night and there was a few cm settled this morning, enough to make me the fastest thing on the road 90% of the way. How nice does it feel to be held up by traffic rather than holding it up?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Serious snow here. Much faster than the rest of traffic, but hairy on the hills.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    No snow here , we rarely get any where we are luckily .

Still taking the car the next 2 night shifts due to frozen brakes :?
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Two rough rides this week (thurs & fri). Snow and ice, never pleasant, the only thing that is worse is following the gritter! Next week looks no better, reduced pressures to be maintained and hopefully no offs:-o .
    Giant TCR Composite (race), Giant TCR (summer commute) & Giant Revel for winter commute. Ironman
  • Initialised
    MTFU Sure it's harder and slower but riding in the snow is great fun.

Remind me I said this when I come off again
  • Initialised
    Sod, it, needed to get to the sorting office to pick something up. Didn't fancy playing musical cars so I took the bike. As soon as I got to a hill in fresh snow on a C2C path I had no traction.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    -9 here just now when i went out to grit our drive , one of those shared ones for 4 houses so i hope the neighbours thank me !

If its like that Tomorrow it will be the car as i do not fancy a 10 mile commute in that cold as i do not get to sit in a warm office all day , i get to sit on a fork truck in a cold warehouse instead then cycle home with numb toes to start with :shock:
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Manchester is covered in snow. As I look out of my window right now it looks like a feckin blizzard out there. Oh well I suppose walking to school with me laddo he's gonna be peppering me with snowballs. :lol:
  • Initialised
    It just keeps coming...