Cannondale 2011 Bad Boy Query

White Line Nightmare
edited January 2011 in Commuting general
Hi everyone! New to the forum and looking for a little advice. I'm interested in buying the Cannondale 2011 Bad Boy Rigid Fatty SLX, but I'm concerned about what frame size I should be getting. I'm 5' 9" (175 cm) with an inside leg of 32" (81.3 cm). I've had a look over on the Cannondale website at the geometry of the bike, especially the stand over height, & I'm undecided whether a small or medium frame would suit.

With a medium frame I'd be left with just over 1" of clearance as opposed to a small frame which would leave me with a clearance of 3". I've read that you can get away with as little as 1" of clearance with a hybrid bike, so I'm wondering if I'd be better with a medium frame as I don't want one that leaves me cramped? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• I found the only way to be sure was to take a test ride at my local bike shop - Evans will order any bike they stock into a local store for a test ride - if you have an Evans locally.

- Jon
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    I'm 5"10 and I tested the medium :)

TBH I always think that saddle height has more bearing on your comfort and power than the frame size, and unless you have exceptionally large nuts 1" should be fine, surely ;)
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • your shoes may add half an inch to you stand over height. or more if you like high heels!
  • Thanks for the info guys! Riding a bike with high heels & exceptionally large nuts is a bugger, but I've always coped somehow :lol:
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    Large size would be suitable, I'm 6' 1" and have the XL
  • i'm 5'10 and i'm riding the large. perfect.
    Cannondale BadBoy Rohloff
    Cannondale SuperSix / 11sp Chorus
    Ridley Excalibur / 10sp Centaur
    Steel Marin Bear Valley SE
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • lee170
    lee170 Posts: 236
    I am 5ft 7in and ride the medium. U would need a med or large def not small!
    2015 orange crush
    2015 cannondale super six evo
  • med
    small (very cramped position)
    large (no stand over clearance)
  • JonS123
    JonS123 Posts: 171
    I'm 6'0 and ride a large