URGENT - Help needed. Follow up.

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Does anyone know the format for Evans cycles email addresses?
firstname.surname@...
surname.firstname@...
and all of the other possible combinations.

This is really important and urgent.

Thanks all.
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    Cheers JZed. You obviously have better google skills than me.

• His google-fu is strong...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    FCN = 4
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    This had better involve a woman
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    You can't just leave it like that! Why was it important and urgent?!
  • EKE_38BPM
    Follow up.

I applied for a couple of jobs with Evans at the Head Office. I got a phone call offering me an interview but before I could arrange the details my mobile beeped and displayed the message "SIM card registration failure"
    When I called the number that called me it was the main switchboard and I didn't catch the name of the person who called me, or what department they were from (the jobs I applied for were in different departments) so it made tracking them down a bit difficult.

I had received application acknowledgment letters from the head of HR when I had applied but they didn't have a direct email address or phone number and I wanted to email directly as when you call Evans it goes to an automated switchboard and I could only leave a voicemail for HR.

Anyway, I managed to contact the guy who I had spoken to and arranged the interview for Friday (yesterday). I went down there and was informed that the position I had applied for (department supervisor) had been filled but they had a position for an 'agent' (basically, call centre work). I believe this is called 'bait and switch'.

I carried on with the interview and it went pretty well but at the end when they asked 'any questions' I brought up the question of remuneration. Lower job = lower £s, thats understandable, but about 30% is a huge step down. I told them this at the time to see if they were willing to be flexible, but they seemed pretty rigid.

Even if it gets offered to me, I may not be able to handle that kind of salary, but if they increase it a bit, I'll go for it (partly for the staff discount I'd get, especially as my roadbike is dead and I want some carbon bling).