reacher
reacher Posts: 416
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
ttt

Comments

• IMO you wont go far wrong with the Boardman Comp at £629.00
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    I think you will find that the common consensus among those in the know would suggest that you Google 'Dave Hinde' and making your own judgement from the results you see.

The Boardman Comp female version looks great in the flesh - the front mech and STI's are 9 speed Tiagra which are solid and reliable. Think you might be pushing it to get 10 speed 105 front and back at your budget.
  • reacher
    reacher Posts: 416
    i'm going to look at the boardman 2 night ,
    your right its only rear ,
    i'v just bought a dave hinde , must say the service was 1st class , i googled it beforhand and thought the same , but after talking to them changed my mind ,
    they sent me a very nice bike , showed it my buddy and he was well impressed , and he knows his onions when it comes to bikes , unlike me ,
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ribble 7005 Horizontal or Audax? About £570, carbon forks, full Tiagra group, hand made Pro Lite Como wheels. I've got 1 for commuting and it's been brilliant....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • I've had the Boardman Road Comp for about 6 weeks now. Over the moon with it. Gearing is super smooth and as already stated the shitfers and front mech is Tiagra but these an be upgraded as and when. Brakes are teckro.

For £630 you won't regret the purchase
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    +1 for the boardman comp. I've had mine for almost 2 years and it's been fantastic. Can't recommend it highly enough. :D
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • I bought a Specialized Dolce Sport three months ago and its a great bike. it had a very good write up in Cycling Active earlier in the year and scored hgher than the boardman. it is specifically buitl for women. so it might be worth a look.
    Colnago..............The name on the worlds finest bikes
  • The Boardman Comp is a great bike had mine 4 weeks very happy with it :D