Epic Spring Challenge 13/3/11

Entries now open for the Epic Spring Challenge via below links. More info is contained on the various sites.

Epic Cycles Spring Challenge FaceBook page

Epic Cycles FB page

Epic Cycles shop website
http://epic-cycles.co.uk/

Or Entry Central website
http://www.entrycentral.com/

For those interested, it is selling very quickly :P

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Are you going to have proper feed stations on this event?

Or can riders expect toddlers party food and no water never mind energy drink (like the Devil Ride)?

If the feeds are improved then I will be there.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Hi Wicked - I think you may be a little confused!

This is not a full-on sportive as it clearly states on the website - it is a half way house between a sportive and a reliability ride. It costs just £10 and is a charity event in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. Bare details:

50 miles (challenging but not super tough - a bit early in the year for that).
    Fully sign posted route with backup route card.
    Free energy drink and bar at the start.
    Hot drinks, sandwiches and cakes at the finish.
    Plenty of parking, changing and loos at the start/finish.
    Great scenery on quiet roads.
    Just 200 places
    NO food stops en route - not long enough and not a full sportive!!

This is the 4th running of the event, which has had fantastic feedback each year and raised over £3k for charity.

We did not organise the Devil Ride this year (just supplied some items as sponsors), so can't comment on that!
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    PhilWeaver wrote:
    Hi Wicked - I think you may be a little confused!

This is not a full-on sportive as it clearly states on the website - it is a half way house between a sportive and a reliability ride. It costs just £10 and is a charity event in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. Bare details:

50 miles (challenging but not super tough - a bit early in the year for that).
    Fully sign posted route with backup route card.
    Free energy drink and bar at the start.
    Hot drinks, sandwiches and cakes at the finish.
    Plenty of parking, changing and loos at the start/finish.
    Great scenery on quiet roads.
    Just 200 places
    NO food stops en route - not long enough and not a full sportive!!

This is the 4th running of the event, which has had fantastic feedback each year and raised over £3k for charity.

We did not organise the Devil Ride this year (just supplied some items as sponsors), so can't comment on that!

I stand corrected. Thank you for the quick response and clarification I have now entered! :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Thanks Wicked :D

Just 79 places left!
  • Just 45 places left :lol: Hope the snow will be gone by then :shock:
  • Final 20 odd places :P
  • Event sold out :P For those that entered Thank you for your support :D