tallpol2000 Posts: 4
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
On the way home this Saturday past.

Anyone!?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallpol/5198260586/

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    "Making our community safer", how ironic...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • They've got an exemption which pretty much lets them park where they like. They can park in bus lanes, cycle paths, double yellows and red routes in London......all in the name of safety, don't ya know :evil:
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Meh. I'd be on the road anyway.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Is this from Ireland? - number plate

But if driving on left then the cycle lane does not look right no white line broken or sollid, therefore is it a bona fidi bike lane?

Which ever the van is wrong especially as there appears to have more room on the left.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Can't see much of an issue. Presumably the driver needed to park there and there is plenty of room to ride around it. Same as you would a parked car or van if you were riding on the road. :?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    I'm fairly sure there would be legislation covering taking photographs of police vehicles in Northern Ireland
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • It may be worth submitting that picture to the http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/ . It would fit perfectly on their ''facility of the month'' page.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    To be honest - I would be on the road. But I would have been a total git and made it obvious to the vehicle driver/user that I was photographing it......and tell them why.

I seem to remember a campaign about camera vans being parked on pavements being orchestrated by motorcyclists.....

i.e. placing a sticker on the van and photographing it, then putting it in the local papers. It made a few safety camera partnerships move vans to better locations.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Northern Ireland plate, looks like its sat on a 'shared use' but seperate bike lane on the pavement, not 'illegal' but certainly stupid.

A copy of photo and letter to the local Cheif Police officer and local press will usually see a little more thought used next time (aka some thought!)

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.