DDD cycling hot topic: Did Contador do it

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm gonna bang out all my hot topics today.

Did labour get it wrong
Having cash cow babies
And this thread:

Did Contador do it:

I loved the duel between Contador and Andy Schelck. This love was increased by the thought that rivalry was going to entertain for a possible five years to come.

Its such a shame that it is likely to never come to fruition as Contador, arguably the current hot thing in road cycling has been found to have taken a banned substance.

Is there any point following this sport?

Did he do it? I really hope he didn't, I liked him.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    Would posting on the 87th page of this have been too anonymous?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=1720
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Question for you DDD

If Contador doped, do you think Schleck (who gave him a run for his money throughout the tour) is amazingly talented and clean, or just as dirty and not caught yet?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    BR 1979 wrote:
    Would posting on the 87th page of this have been too anonymous?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=1720
    C'mon, the guys over on road are a bit jaded by everything. I love the arguments, though ;)

In answer to the question: dunno. The beef solution seems to be clutching at straws but was probably the one thing that was not routine on the day (day before) the failed test. Tainted supplements is a much more credible defense. One, however, that doesn't exonerate the athlete due to strict liability: he'd still get a ban and lose the tour.

On the nefarious side micro-dosing at that level wouldn't have had an effect. The supposition that the positive came from trasnfusing blood taken out earlier in the season I'm not sure is provable (even with the supposed high level of plasticisers).

We'll see what happens. The case will probably be done and dusted in a couple of years
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    Attica,

I don't know and I'm at the point that I wouldn't like to think about it.

I had a debate with my Dad about Chambers (sprinter). If he took drugs to increase his muscles before making it professionally. Then even he stops taking said drugs as a professional he is still going to benefit from the increases said drugs have had on him physically. How is that fair?

He couldn't answer.

I'm just not sure about Schleck, what was the time difference between him and the rider who came third?

Jon,

Could it have been Astana getting their own back on him?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JonGinge wrote:
    On the nefarious side micro-dosing at that level wouldn't have had an effect.
    Homeopathic dosing?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Yes he did cheat. Next?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    notsoblue wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    On the nefarious side micro-dosing at that level wouldn't have had an effect.
    Homeopathic dosing?
    Silly me! That lack of molecule gives me the strength of ten! :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Why have you put DDD prefix to the title?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:

Flying the brand init.

Don't know actually...
    Food Chain number = 4

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Clever Pun wrote:

Vanity
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Yes

To paraphrase someone on the 87 pager above

I loved watching him ride, I loved his attacking on the climbs, I loved the duel with Schleck. I wished he were clean. He wasn't. He's gone.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • attica
    Yes

To paraphrase someone on the 87 pager above

I loved watching him ride, I loved his attacking on the climbs, I loved the duel with Schleck. I wished he were clean. He wasn't. He's gone.

+1

Regardless of the intentionality, the drug was in his system.
    His Yellow Jersey was won unfairly, It should go to the fastest un-doped rider of the tour.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Did he do it? I really hope he didn't, I liked him.

I never liked Contador, so I hope he did it. I think he did, but I'm biased by my dislike of him.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • His Yellow Jersey was won unfairly, It should go to the fastest un-caught doped rider of the tour.

and I have FTFY.
  • attica
    His Yellow Jersey was won unfairly, It should go to the fastest un-caught doped rider of the tour.

and I have FTFY.

No, that's where the jersey will go, not where it should.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    what was the time difference between him and the rider who came third

andy schleck +39secs
    Denis Menchov +2min01s
    Samuel Sanchez +3.40s
    Jurgen van den Broek +6.54s
    Robert Gesink +9.31
    Ryder Hesjedal +10.15s
    His Yellow Jersey was won unfairly, It should go to the fastest un-doped rider of the tour.

who knows... van den broek ?
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight