Please Don't Laugh (Moved To Lincoln and hills anywhere? )

Bungalow Bill
Bungalow Bill Posts: 643
edited November 2010 in Routes
at me to much.

But with all my nice shiny downhill paraphernalia and cool parts, they have sent me to the place known as LINCOLN :/

Now I'm not very good at Geography but I do know there isn't a hill for at least a million miles in any direction, well not that I can find :(

Anyone from the area that can recommend ANY DH sites, closer the better but Im thinking its gona be a few hours drive.... at this point I just want to ride down stuff, flat riding just isn't cutting it :(

Bill
I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Some regular XC rides around Lincoln, I'm north of Lincoln, based in Grimsby & have ridden some trails round the south of Lincoln, they're ok for xc stuff

For DH, I reckon you'll have to travel, there's a shortish, but fun DH @ Willingham woods, Market Rasen http://www.trailblazerz.net/ as well as some freeride stuff, it's about half an hour away from Lincoln
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Awesome, thanks bud, will go check that out now :)

I figured as much been lucky had stuff on ma doorstep up untill now, but it had to end at some point.

Traveling isn't to bad just can't have those end of ride beers untill I drive home now haha.

TY Andy B.
    I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    The Lincolnshire Wolds (around Horncastle & Louth) are definitley not flat - unlike most of the rest of it - try there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    There's a small freeride/downhill section at sherwood pines. Some wall rides and a few drop offs. Probably about 45mins from you.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Lincolnshire Wolds (around Horncastle & Louth) are definitley not flat - unlike most of the rest of it - try there.
    True, the Wolds have hills, but nothing that would warrant a full on DH bike
    fuelex wrote:
    There's a small freeride/downhill section at sherwood pines. Some wall rides and a few drop offs. Probably about 45mins from you.
    Which is more like a red run at a normal trail centre, again not really full on DH bike territory (I've done it on a 80mm hardtail) the stuff at Market Rasen is a proper black run, even if it is short, it has a decent sized road gap, a few sets of quite large doubles and 2 huge wallrides approx 12ft tall as well as numerous drops & jumps
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • bunyip
    bunyip Posts: 52
    you can reach the peaks within 1 to 1.5 hrs, check out monkeyspoon for locations of DH tracks (natural stuff) this includes Wharncliff woods. Enjoy