Giro Monza or Met Estro???

allez24
allez24 Posts: 71
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Just bought a road bike and am dithering about a lid........so come on, which one????

thanks in anticipation
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
Argument is an exchange of ignorance...

Comments

• Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    I've got a Monza and can't fault it. Can't comment on the Met.

Would suggest with something as important as a helmet you try both on and go with whichever fits best.

Rob
  • Got a Giro Monza recently myself. Ordered it in large as I have a Xen in large and it fits fine (medium was too tight on the Xen). Large Monza is way too big for me for some reason. Even with Rocloc closed all the way its still flopping around on my head. Picked up a Bell Array in medium instead, lovely lid, pretty low profile too. Giro is a nice looking helmet and probably would have kept it if it fit, but the Bell came along and I'm happy with the purchase.
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Ive also got a Monza, can't fault it. :D
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    also have the monza and it's perfect for me... but like has already mentioned - you need to make sure which one fits you the best.
  • i have a monza, echo the comments above, its a great helmet
    just make sure when you buy one it fits - most important thing.
    Go for the break
    Create a chaingang
    Make sure you don't break your chain
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    I've got a new Monza, after I landed on my old one and cracked it in 6 places :shock:
    Crash replacement alone makes them a great choice.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    +1 for the monza can't say you need to buy anything better.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • I've had both, both good helmets, go and try both to see which suits your head shape better.

exercise.png
  • I have the Giro Monza and it's a very good helmet apart from one thing, which may just be me anyway; it kind of looks like a mushroom on my head. As in the sides seem to stick out more than usual. does anyone know a helmet that has a more streamlined shape? I was looking at the Bell Sweep.
    Maybe it's just my head! :roll:
  • I picked up the Bell Array recently and found it to be pretty low profile, more so than the equivalent size Monza. Cheaper than the Sweep I think too. Seen the Array in the shop and had assumed it was gonna be pretty expensive judging by looks, picked it up for 70 euro, which was nice.
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    forgot to ask what you're using it for ? commuting, leisure, racing ?
    Mine is for commuting, I use a different one for racing, it's lighter and has more ventilation.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I've had both, both good helmets, go and try both to see which suits your head shape better.
    +1 - That's what will determine it, not how pretty each helmet is .....