derosa Posts: 2,819
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    They were being dispatched yesterday so the chance of many people having one are slim, and wearing it even slimmer

:wink:
  • derosa
    Have you ordered one ?

Big H

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,530
    looks a nice jacket, wasn't sure about the white patches at first bu its grown on me. not got it myself but my other shutt gear is all very good. i've been considering an assor airjack for a while but can't bring myself to pay so much for a jacket i don't really need
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ShutUpLegs
    derosa wrote:
    Have you ordered one ?

Yep, expecting delivery next week, hoping it replaces my assos jacket
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    derosa wrote:
    Have you ordered one ?

+1 :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    They were all sent out friday so I am sat at work waiting for the post guys to come round!

Immediate reaction to follow shortly.....!
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    derosa wrote:
    Have you ordered one ?

Ha! I doubt it ....
  • Sammyw23
    nothing in this mornings post........ :cry:
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    HI Sam - Jess has emailed you just now with tracking details... Thanks, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • ShutUpLegs
    miggers wrote:
    Sammyw23 wrote:

Are you using Royal Mail or a courier?
  • miggers
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    miggers wrote:
    Sammyw23 wrote:

Are you using Royal Mail or a courier?
    Everything goes RM Next Day Signed for...

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    mines delayed by a couple of weeks. :(
  • JD_76
    JD_76 Posts: 236
    tigerben wrote:
    mines delayed by a couple of weeks. :(

Dont believe everything you read on Royal Mail's tracking website, I posted some bars last week and the buyer got them in two days, the tracking website however still says they are being processed for delivery. :?

Always had great service with post from Shutt Vr myself.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I didnt opt for the jacket as I have a winter one already, but it is rather lovely as I had a chance to try the prototype at the Bike Show.

Cant fault their c/service though as I ripped the sleeve on my L/S jersey in a big cyclocross crash the other weekend. I sent it back to Shutt and got it back this morning as good as new - all packaged up and literally like new (for free!!!). I think thats a bit above and beyond and its stuff like that which makes spending a little more for their kit well worth it IMHO.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ShutUpLegs
    Mine has arrived, wont be home til Thursday to have a look at it though :cry:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    never seen so much fuss over a piece of bike clothing.... ;)
  • derosa
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

Great - will wait to hear your first impressions :wink:

Big H

• ShutUpLegs
    softlad wrote:
    never seen so much fuss over a piece of bike clothing.... ;)

Its well known you ride faster the more stylish you look :wink:
  • derosa
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

So what's the jacket like?

Big H

• Sammyw23
    In terms of first impressions and feel when trying on it is stunning, I love it and the fit is perfect. The fleecy interior somehow feels nicer and smoother than others I have tried.

(snow permitting) first ride out tomorrow so will be able to confirm on performance after.

If I was being picky.....the sleeves have open cuffs which I am not 100% on but will see how it works with gloves over the top tomorrow. And the zip is claimed to be waterproof but feels a little flimsy to me - will look forward to the rain to confirm!

Otherwise all good - like the zipped rear pockets and the white panels that have been added for better visibility.

Its one of those items of cycle clothing that makes you want to get out and ride so you can wear it.
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • Sammyw23
    Update - thumbs up for the open cuffs, massive help with heat regulation during ride. No rain to test out the zip yet but otherwise no complaints whatsoever. Just need this bl00dy snow to clear now.......
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    Mine finally arrived last week and I used it for first time at weekend - 3 hr ride in constant drizzle @ 4-5 degrees C. Wore the jacket over base layer and was warm & dry all ride. Very impressed. Ventalation was good as did not get too sweaty underneath.

Only complaint would be the 2 rear pockets at the back - they are a bit narrow and zipped - although they did take a pump, mini tool, rain jacket, inner tube, tyre irons & cereal bar.
  • Sammyw23
    JUST that? :lol:
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    JUST that? :lol:

Yeah, but he wanted to carry a spare frame :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bigpikle
    I just got my Shutt rain cape today as well, so looking at the forecast for this weekend it might be just in time.

It looks really nicely finished with some good details and as it appears to be pretty much the same fabric as the Assos gilet and jacket I reckon its a steal as well. Super light and packs tiny, mesh vents under the arms and little zips at the back to get to your pockets and hopefully add to the venting.

Has anyone else got theirs yet and had a chance to actually ride in it?
  • giant_man
    I doubt very much if it's anything like the quality of Assos, nor will it last as long.
  • bigpikle
    I doubt very much if it's anything like the quality of Assos, nor will it last as long.

based on what... :D

I have plenty of Assos stuff and the there is nothing to tell between the quality of this and their stuff, or my Rapha jacket. Assos fabric is not unique to them and is used by other manufactures so why might the quality not be just as good?

At £50 I could afford 3 anyway before the cost of a Climajet, so why line the pockets of the premium pricing Swiss?
  • miggers
    I am very happy with what we have developed and from the feedback we've had Kev on the cape we are all over the moon. Since we offer a lifetime repair policy on our garments we are pretty confident of their quality and robustness. Plus we use fabric from the same source as Assos!

All the best, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • giant_man
    With all due respect, I don't believe that for a second. Just one look at your stuff tells me it isn't the same.
  • miggers
    With all due respect, I don't believe that for a second. Just one look at your stuff tells me it isn't the same.
    Happy to show you the receipts from Eschler AG if you like.. Plus CW reviewed them here: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -show.html

All the best, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com