What tyre combo for tomorrow?

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited November 2010 in Routes
Just thinking about my tyre combo for tomorrow...

Currently have ignitors on f + r but have a minion supertacky front and minion maxxpro rear waiting.

The ignitors have been ok in the slop, but it's been getting a fair bit wetter. CwmCarn does drain pretty well but there is some sloppy areas about.

So, do I keep an ignitor on the rear and stick the supertacky minion up front for extra grip and take the extra weight
Or
Stick both minions on
Or
Keep the ignitors on

Decisions decisions....

Comments

• legin
    legin Posts: 132
    advantage front mudx rear
  • legin
    I think you misunderstood the question..
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    see i'm really lazy. you guys must have so much motivation to fettle and change things on your bikes. mine gets a wash and a spray of wd40 if it's lucky and then festers in the shed until i can build up enough motivation to dig it out again to go for a ride :lol:
  • Judging by the way my front ignitor washed out this morning i would go for the Supertacky Minions front and rear, then you can compare the grip from the Ignitors, you might lose a bit of speed but Cwmcarn isn't a race and the stones and routes are real slippery :shock:
  • Stuck the supertacky minion up front and left the ignitor out back.... loooooooads of grip up front and got a few drifts on the last DH section which were good..

The combo seemed to work well!