Lost price comparison site

flatneasy
flatneasy Posts: 26
edited February 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post as new so hope here is OK. I've been looking at buying some lights and a few months ago I had a cycling price comparison site bookmarked. Got a virus on the PC and lost it - now can't find it. I think it was wheel something; tried wheelbase but that's a retailer - anyone know what it is ? Thanks fro any help !

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Thanks for the link - wasn't that one though. ( I just tried the search on that site but it just stalled )

The one I found had loads of pre-sorted price comparisons in all the usual categories, so you could just click on a product and get all the prices kind of ready-displayed. I'm pretty sure it had the word wheel in, but memory could be a bit dodgy. It was certainly much less frustrating than using those general price comparisons sites.

(pretty sure I was searching for mavic crossmax's when I found it, but Google never seems to give the same results twice, so that's not finding it now)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe it gave you a virus.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I know when we got the virus. "Mum, we've just downloaded a screensaver but the computer is doing something funny" !
  • RayW
    RayW Posts: 35
    Maybe this one

http://www.wheelhub.co.uk/

but I have to say none of these sites seem to be very comprehensive and you are better just searching all the main sites.
  • Yes that's the one - thanks for posting.

I used it to search the main lot of retailers and then went to a couple of others separately. Took a fair bit of the legwork out of it. Suppose it depends a bit on whether they've got agreements with other shops.

They seem to have listed a lot of popular items already, but I had to do a separate search to get the lights I was looking for to show up - seemed to work though.

I don't remember seeing the discounted bikes list before. Hopefully its one of those sites that will keep developing - might drop them an email and see if there's anyone listening !
  • :D I use http://edinburghbikeshop.com/ It has a great Clearance Bike section that I occasionally drool over.
    Its a nice simple way to check bike prices across the major bike retailers, Wiggle,Chain Reaction, Amazon and Merlin and a few others all in one place.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Wow, first post and an epic resurrection.

So you can compare prices to an item they have, although just a few checks shows the comparison often isnt actually the same!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I've been using https://gearpursuit.com recently - they seem to aggregate the top cycle websites and stand out by allowing you to search by product size as well

There's nothing worse than finding an absolute bargain only to find it being XXXL only available :lol: