Life is so precious !

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
Just received a phone call a few moments ago. My good friend of 50 years of age has just died of a heart attack earlier today. Just completely in shock. He leaves a wife and 14 year old son.

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Just received a phone call a few moments ago. My good friend of 50 years of age has just died of a heart attack earlier today. Just completely in shock. He leaves a wife and 14 year old son.

Sorry to hear that Mate, I know exactly what you mean, 4 weeks ago my families health was fine, then we found out my wife had Grade 3 cancer, it brings everything into perspective just how fragile life is.

To anyone out there not grabbing life by the balls, then do it now before it's too late!
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Shocking news - I'm sorry to hear it. Makes you think that it's not worth putting off anything that you're longing to do - get out and do it now and don't put up with any misery/unhappiness/stress now for the sake of the future. Seize the day and all that.......

Ruth
  • My condolences, nicensleazy. I've been to 2 publicans funerals in the last couple of weeks - one of them younger than me, one slightly older. So mortality has also been very much on my mind recently. So as well as thinking ''seize the day'' I suppose I'm also thinking ''...and give yourself a chance - look after yourself.''
  • You have my condolence fella, life/death is bloody unfair and very often cruel. Take care.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    My sister in law died of a stroke at only 49 years of age a few months ago, makes you think about enjoying life while you can.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I'm very sorry to hear your news. My mother-in-law died this morning. Life is precious, live it to the full.
  • Sis-in-law died at 46, June '08. Divorced so we inherited 2 teenage girls (none of our own). Their dad also died at 46, Nov '09. Life sucks but death is a real pisser! Carpe Diem everyone.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png