British Cycling membership, offer ends Nov 22nd

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Signed up for membership as they are currently offering half price and wanted the liability cover should I take off a bentlys wing mirror or something!

Although I got a little carried away and applied for a Silver Race membership and not the commuting package! No excuse not to have a go at an entry level race now! :twisted:

Thought it might be of interest to some people...
Just a quick reminder that our introductory offer of Half Price British Cycling Membership from just £12 in your first year (normally £24) ends on 22nd November.

ENTER CODE COMM10B
http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/membershipoffer

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Tiz a good offer one which I might take up, although as I already have CTC membership which offers much the same benefits would there be any reason to join both other than to race?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Cheers for the heads up, seems like £12 well spent.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Am I being a bit slow? Followed the link, clicked on the, ride membership, but it tells me it'll be £24 have I missed a promo code or does it apply the discount later on?
  • Am I being a bit slow? Followed the link, clicked on the, ride membership, but it tells me it'll be £24 have I missed a promo code or does it apply the discount later on?

yeah you are to be honest, sorry - in the chap's first post:

ENTER CODE COMM10B
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Sweet - thank you very much. £12 for some better insurance seems a good deal to me :)
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • CTC same benefits just joined
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited November 2010
    northstar wrote:
    Am I being a bit slow? Followed the link, clicked on the, ride membership, but it tells me it'll be £24 have I missed a promo code or does it apply the discount later on?

yeah you are to be honest, sorry - in the chap's first post:

ENTER CODE COMM10B
    :oops:
    Cheers, missed it on me smartphone
  • Could someone tell Thicky McThicko here whether this means membership for the whole of 2011 or is this just a cheap way to get coverage for the remains of 2010?

Edit: And also if you can upgrade the provisional racing license to a full one at any point and get credit for the races you have already done.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,174
    Ta very muchly, just signed up :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • iPete
    Zachariah wrote:
    Could someone tell Thicky McThicko here whether this means membership for the whole of 2011 or is this just a cheap way to get coverage for the remains of 2010?

Edit: And also if you can upgrade the provisional racing license to a full one at any point and get credit for the races you have already done.

It looks like 12 months membership but there full licenses are done by callender year so not worth getting yet!
  • Zachariah wrote:
    It looks like 12 months membership but there full licenses are done by callender year so not worth getting yet!

Just to clarify Zachariahs point, BC licenses are calendar year but if you take up membership now you only have to pay the additional pro-rata cost to the end of 2011 (i.e 6 weeks or so) when licenses come up for renewal in the new year.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    My wife (separated) has just signed me up for this 'cos I told her I was cycling in every day from my girlfriend's - should I be worried? Is there a death benefit aspect to this?
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    FinchSpoke wrote:
    Zachariah wrote:

Just to clarify Zachariahs point, BC licenses are calendar year but if you take up membership now you only have to pay the additional pro-rata cost to the end of 2011 (i.e 6 weeks or so) when licenses come up for renewal in the new year.

Are you sure about that? A full race licence is an additional £32 or so, and it says it's only valid to the end of 2010; nothing on the page that I can see which says I'll only need to top up a pro-rata amount to get a full 2011 licence.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Nifer
    Nifer Posts: 102
    So is this a good alternative to bike insurance from say, Cycleguard?
  • iPete
    Nifer wrote:
    So is this a good alternative to bike insurance from say, Cycleguard?

Its the same cover as the Cycle guard Roadcare plan at half the price (with offer). Something that the CTC and British Cycling offer as part of their membership which has further benefits. It won't cover your bike etc.